Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for an exhaust... that gives the most performance... i am planning on doing a f/i as future plans... would this exhaust give me a great amount of added torque/hp compared with other exhaust?

would it be better getting the carbon TI exhaust? in your opinion?

thank you
richard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
Get the carbon TI or EVO or dragger II. The limited edition is the same setup as the L-tuned and is very restrictive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks all :D just wondering if i was going to miss a good deal after seeing the group buy... oh on emore question.. is the for the carbon ti..

is it carbonfiber or is it just covered?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
skfds said:
ok thanks all :D just wondering if i was going to miss a good deal after seeing the group buy... oh on emore question.. is the for the carbon ti..

is it carbonfiber or is it just covered?
The can is wrapped in Carbon Fiber. I am not sure you could make a can out of CF. It might crack if you rubbed a bit. Just a thought...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
perfektrtw said:
How does the Hiper sound with the silencer?
you don't hear much of it anymore..

i have the xerd pipe with the hiper+silencer.. you can barely hear the hiper, let alone the xerd pipe.

so, i take the sliencer off once in a while and just let the thing roar wide open :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,091 Posts
L-Tuned vs HKS Limited Edition, which would you guys choose? I'm looking to get a quiet exhaust and the Hiper is out of the question because the can sits so low. I don't know about the Dragger 2 though, still considering it.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
get the evo. its not the most HP gains, but its a good low tone, at cruising and idle its very quiet, but when you stomp it, it gets mean. plus it has good clearence for those with lowered cars....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok.... sitll kind of confused... which exhaust is best performance wise (i really don't care about the sound.... honestly) if i was to get a turbo.... i hear ppl say soo many different exhaust.... ITS CONFUSING hahahahhahhaa sorry

(also is catback better if you plan on forced induction)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
get the evo. its not the most HP gains, but its a good low tone, at cruising and idle its very quiet, but when you stomp it, it gets mean. plus it has good clearence for those with lowered cars....
i agree.......i have the carbon-ti...love the tone, look, but i hate the clearance

i helped a friend put on greddy evo, sounded awesome, awesome clearance, but i'm making more power
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
Wxman said:
I have the HKS Carbon Fiber Ti 2.5" exhaust on my 500+ rwhp setup. It is a good exhaust.

you still didnt get change that bad boy to a full 3 inch
No need to. There is no real way to get the power I already have to the ground. I have 540 rwhp, maybe 3" will add 30 rwhp but that is just more to spin. With the power my car makes now it is already a handfull to drive. :) A fun handful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
Wxman said:
IS3FINALLYmd said:
Wxman said:
I have the HKS Carbon Fiber Ti 2.5" exhaust on my 500+ rwhp setup. It is a good exhaust.

you still didnt get change that bad boy to a full 3 inch
No need to. There is no real way to get the power I already have to the ground. I have 540 rwhp, maybe 3" will add 30 rwhp but that is just more to spin. With the power my car makes now it is already a handfull to drive. :) A fun handful.
I hate you, makes my 380 rwhp sound like I'm back to stock again! Just get an exhaust that has the lowest angle in the bends with the biggest piping available. Make sure the pipe is a straight thru design when it enters the canister, unlike the L-tuned and HSK SE which have bends in there to help reduce noise but then causes more backpressure.
 

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
Joined
·
6,620 Posts
yo DL... you need to take me for a spin in that yellow straeak of yours eh.. i have never beein in a boosted IS before ... i need to feel the groove

mabey at the LMW meet next weekend....??

purty please... :lol: :p :D


Ed G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,091 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
get the evo. its not the most HP gains, but its a good low tone, at cruising and idle its very quiet, but when you stomp it, it gets mean. plus it has good clearence for those with lowered cars....
Good tip, but I think I still prefer to get either the Limited Edition or L-Tuned.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top