Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contacted Local Distributor/installer in Covina, CA from Pacific Auto Center. Steve Legland is point person there.

Complete kit: bumper, hood, fenders,lights, and mirrors....approx $220 (3M stuff)

Install: Steve said it would costs $250-300 and would need the car an entire day.

If anyone else is interested, maybe we could negotiate a better deal on the labor which I think is kinda pricey. He said he orders the kit out of state somewhere, and takes 3 days to arrive.

I plan on getting it done soon, so if your're interested, please post asap. Thx

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
11,061 Posts
How come all the good deals/projects are in California?????

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know, supposedly its very difficult to install and wouldnt attempt it myself. If you research however, I believe that range is pretty common. I think I remember seeing post of up to $600 out the door for same stuff.

On the price of the kit, its a good deal, directly from the X-Pel site , bumper alone is $179 (going from memory)

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
Registered
48 Posts
I installed the headlight protection kit. Wasn't too hard but you have to get bubbles out or else it will look like crap. I had a quite a few on one side of the light since that was the first side I put on, but luckily it went away with time. The hard part is going around the contour to cover the turn signal since you must "mold" the stuff around contours. Other than that, its easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you get the entire kit? or just the headlight kit? If so, how hard was the rest of the install? BTW, I have DWP so even the smallest bubble/imperfection/finger print/dust/dirt will show.

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
Registered
224 Posts
The price on the whole kit is great...I have the whole kit on my car...Did it myself...The bumper is the hardest part to do...The headlight kit is easy to put on...just smooth it out hard..to contour the headlight ones, use a hair dryer to soften the covering and then smooth it out. Took me a couple of days to do the whole kit.

------------------
'01 Spectra Blue Mica

1 - 7 of 7 Posts