Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and found nothing! I am thinking about getting a grounding kit, but i am not sure if it is worth it.

Does anyone have one of these kits and notice a difference (teck kit)?

What does the installation consist of?

How exactly does it work to make a difference?

If anyone could just tell me a little about the kit that would be great. I am new to the engine mods for the most poart, but this sounds like it could help it if does what it says it will do.

Opinions would be great!!!

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Detail Description:

This auto wires system (ground wire kit) provides direct ground path from battery negative to body, chassis, and engine components to give extreme improvement on electrical circulation.
The Hyper Ground System wire cables have 10 times less impedance than factory ground system, which provides immaculate conduction to prevent electrical power loss. The higher resistances of factory grounds have negative effect to the ignition system and obstruct the primary potential.

Hyper Ground Wire Kits uses thick gauge 99.99% pure copper, and connects directly from the cylinder head and other points under the hood to the battery, to provide an ultra low resistance connection. This ground wire kit will increase the primary potential of regular cars to ignition-tuned vehicles.
Key feature of Hyper Ground System (ground wire kit):

* Gain Torque and Horsepower
* Increase Fuel Efficacy for Better Gas Mileage
* Better Throttle Response.
* Reduced Emissions.
* Brighter Headlights.
* Reduced Audio Noise.
its a good mod, looks good....and not too expensive..... 8)

·
Registered
670 Posts
It's been dealt thounds time in Go fast forum....

Anyway, I have in my car... and felt the difference first few days....

Car started faster, and shifts little quicker.... then I got used to it....

But for like $80, I think it's worth doing it....

Hope this helps.....

Here is the details on TECK grounding kit from .net store...and it's on SALE

In order to get the highest performance out of any automobile, it is necessary to achieve a maximum electricity flow with the least resistance along it's electrical circuit. The grounding kit accomplishes this by reinforcing key points in the electrical flow. Each point is grounded by a 24k gold terminal, attached to heavy duty spiral twined insulated cable. The cables are all pre cut to the necessary lengths needed for the IS300. Here are some of the benefits you may gain by improving the electrical flow.

- Faster engine start-up - You can feel the difference even with A/C on and at maximum fan speed. This system reduces the loss of electricity to nearly zero at ignition coil and produces better ignition spark.

- Stable idling - A smoother engine idle and decrease in idle interior cabin noise.

- Improved Throttle Response - Minimizes delays in throttle response.

- Improved Shifting - Auto Tranny cars will feel a much smoother, faster, and crisper shifts.

- Increase In Low -> Mid Engine Torque - Achieve an improved combustion at low or high revolution of engine, which results in increased acceleration.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great! Thanks for the info....now my only question is how hard is it to install??

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
IS300Sam said:
Great! Thanks for the info....now my only question is how hard is it to install??
can u screw in a lightbulb and follow directions to set a clock radio?
:lol:

then I think you should be able to install it....

directions are clear and each wire is labled so you know which location each ones goes in....

:chill:

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
yeah, install is pretty easy if you can work a socket wrench. Some connections are in tight spots though, so I'd suggest picking up a magnetic wand in case you happen to drop a bolt in the engine bay (as I did).

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ya i was thinking about doing the grounding kit too.... but are there any risk or side effects of anykind???

i mean alot of PROs, are there any CONS??

please if some could give me some feed back on this before i buy the kit :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright i think i am going to order the kit.....but before i want to wait to see some replies from the post before about if their are any cons. 80 bucks aint worth it if it is going to do something bad. I am thinknig there arent going to be but ill just wait and see...

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Don't think you'll find any cons.... the car has grounding wires already, just wimpy ones. You are just making the electrical system slightly more efficient.

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
well i just took mine off today to prep the car for sale.......mine was a knock off kit that i got from i guy that made some!

and i didnt really notice a difference.....i will prolly get it again!

but i think its a mod that is all in your head.....hopefully when i get the teck it will make me feel different!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
it's worth 80 bucks. you'll feel a faster startup. i THOUGHT i felt faster shifts, but just like it was stated, you get used to it really quickly. I think it's about 50% of a "mental" mod. But it IS worth doing and it is very easy to install. It's just unscrewing bolts, putting the bolt through the loop, and then screwing the bolt back on... about 10 times. Not hard.

NOTE: Don't tighten down the bolts too tight! Especially the one up by the ignitor (driver's side front fender)... I think it's labeled as "#4". I broke that bolt off. Actually a buddy of mine did. Had to drill it out. That sucked. :lol:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
:crazy: Crazy... I broke that same exact bolt! Now you tell me :lol:

I just left it in there though since I got a strut tower bar. It is just bolted to the stb and hangs off at a wierd angle.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
that should still work. that's probably a much more solid spot than in the fender well. I know others who have broken this bolt too. sucky.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Here's what my search for you came up with. Make sure you follow the instructions on the left side of the search window for best results....I've found that if you don't use exact methods, searches will not yield much. Did you use quotes around the word "TeCK?"

Anyway, here's the original thread that started it all!!! About 5 pages worth of people posting results and praises. I've got it too and did notice some differences such as the already stated quicker start-ups, and my BASS seemed to thump better as another example.

IS300Sam said:
I did a search and found nothing! I am thinking about getting a grounding kit, but i am not sure if it is worth it.

Does anyone have one of these kits and notice a difference (teck kit)?

What does the installation consist of?

How exactly does it work to make a difference?

If anyone could just tell me a little about the kit that would be great. I am new to the engine mods for the most poart, but this sounds like it could help it if does what it says it will do.

Opinions would be great!!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
davefisher said:
NOTE: Don't tighten down the bolts too tight! Especially the one up by the ignitor (driver's side front fender)... I think it's labeled as "#4". I broke that bolt off. Actually a buddy of mine did. Had to drill it out. That sucked. :lol:

wow, my friend did that too! he was talking to us (4 peeps) and all of a sudden we heard a loud snap...
he over torqued it and it broke...luckily before we went to the drilling route, i took off the wheel and was able to unscrew it from the bottom

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
so wats the purpose of putting wires with more resistance then actually needed..??? why did lexus do it in first place..!!!! has to be a reason somewhere?

anyone wanna chime in

·
.net superior m.f.
23,236 Posts
HUSTLER said:
so wats the purpose of putting wires with more resistance then actually needed..??? why did lexus do it in first place..!!!! has to be a reason somewhere?

anyone wanna chime in
copper is a semi-precious metal -- it is in Lexus' financial interest to use as little of it as possible.

I used to do car stereo installations (damn I miss that job -- anyway...). I would prove to customers what voltage drops existed across their car's factory and aftermarket wiring with a digital multi-meter. car companies find a 1-2% drop in voltage across wiring acceptable -- but if you want all of the sound of your stereo, and all of the brightness out of your lightbulbs -- you should measure the voltage drop across your higher current carrying paths and also upgrade gage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts