Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am CURRENTLY at the moment installing an upgraded stereo for my IS and i need to know where is the best place to put my ground wires. Multiple locations if possible, im grounding one 4 gauge, and 2 8 gauges. Also any suggestions on the best wiring set up for 1 Cap, and 2 amps(smaller powered amps, i dont wanna shake the block but a little extra sound)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Best bet is to groung where the Neg battery cable does in the engine compartment....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Best bet is to groung where the Neg battery cable does in the engine compartment....
just ignore all of that info...

I have my amp grounded on the metal behind the seats, just take off a little of the carpet, sand the paint off and ground it there

My capacitor is being grounded under the floor mat, next to the spare tire. (this spot already had a hole in it, so I just screwed it in with a 24k gold bolt)

there is a lot of metal under the floor mat, it's messy, ugly, and there are holes everywhere.
try to keep the grounding wire less then 2 feet
goodluck :approve:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+ Rep, thanks... i was thinking bout using underneath the carpet but wasnt sure ???

·
Maverick
1,511 Posts
If you're in the trunk, I grounded at a factory ground location. In the trunk, on the driver side, 'neath the carpeting near the wheel well..

Mik

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts