Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the ground kit in the store..... I have a couple of questions... (1) Can I install it myself? and how long should it take (2) where do you install it? in the engie only or is it on different parts of the car (3) I dont really dont have any performance parts on my car, do I really need it. I see alot of the cars on here have them, so this sparked (excuse the pun) my intrest in them... thanks for the help.

-Eric

·
Registered
306 Posts
1) It's easy and takes like 15 minutes...
2) Engine only
3) eh don't really need it....it looks good if you want to dress up the engine bay a little with a different color. Why not buy an after market drop in filter as a first mod rather than a grounding kit???

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Sorry to jack this thread but what are the bolt sizes for TeCK? I only have wires :(

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
IS_pimp_300 said:
1) It's easy and takes like 15 minutes...
2) Engine only
3) eh don't really need it....it looks good if you want to dress up the engine bay a little with a different color. Why not buy an after market drop in filter as a first mod rather than a grounding kit???
I had the teck grounding kit and absolutely loved it! I regret selling it! :(

- Faster engine start-up - You can feel the difference even with A/C on and at maximum fan speed. This system reduces the loss of electricity to nearly zero at ignition coil and produces better ignition spark.

- Stable idling - A smoother engine idle and decrease in idle interior cabin noise.

- Improved Throttle Response - Minimizes delays in throttle response.

- Improved Shifting - Auto Tranny cars will feel a much smoother, faster, and crisper shifts.

- Increase In Low -> Mid Engine Torque - Achieve an improved combustion at low or high revolution of engine, which results in increased acceleration.

SLayerS said:
Sorry to jack this thread but what are the bolt sizes for TeCK? I only have wires :(
I dont know for sure, but I used the stock engine bolts.

_______
^^I highly recommend this m0d especially if you drive an AUTO!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey guys i am kinda new to the IS world and i have just got a little bit ahead on my payment and i finally have a little money set aside to spend on my bueatifully stock white IS. I was wonder want these grounding kits general go for and where i could acquire one within a few days.
Thanks, Wes

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
The grounding kits we sell are assembled by my.IS Paul Kwan. He ships them direct via USPS Priority Mail.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
everybody else answer the questions alrdy, but about installation it depent on u. I would say from 15 mins to an hr! it took me about 45 mins cuz i didnt have alot of tools and some spot dont really have alot of room to work with.

you can see the instruction here and also have an idea of how it look like on ur engine

http://www.my-is300.com/teck.php

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
SLayerS said:

i dunno the size but it the same size as ur stock bolts. Only 3 points use a longer one and 1 point with a big bolts

the 3 points is:

and the big bolt is:

^^^^^ there are no bolt at that point right now, so it is really hard to find a size. I think you should drive to an auto store and ask someone to look and test out the bolt size for u. GL man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts