Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a Lexus ES300, it’s been having some electrical issues. It won’t start, starter won’t even engage sometimes and at other times it starts right up. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it over and it doesn’t start the dash lights flicker on and off. There is a new reconditioned battery in it now. Someone mentioned the starter relay as possible problem. Is there any way to check that relay? Or would the relay cause the lights to go on and off? Or is it a ground issue? I’m kinda stumped here. Oh yeah she said all the problems started after she locked her keys in the car and a friend got the trunk open somehow and got the car opened that way. Could it be a security issue? Thanks for any and all time and consideration in this matter. Carson

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
My girlfriend has a Lexus ES300, it’s been having some electrical issues. It won’t start, starter won’t even engage sometimes and at other times it starts right up. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it over and it doesn’t start the dash lights flicker on and off. There is a new reconditioned battery in it now. Someone mentioned the starter relay as possible problem. Is there any way to check that relay? Or would the relay cause the lights to go on and off? Or is it a ground issue? I’m kinda stumped here. Oh yeah she said all the problems started after she locked her keys in the car and a friend got the trunk open somehow and got the car opened that way. Could it be a security issue? Thanks for any and all time and consideration in this matter. Carson
This is an IS model forum. Try another forum for Lexus.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I wonder if it could be an issue with the key contacts worn out? Or maybe an earthing issue?

I had a starting issue years ago with an old Mazda, turned out that the main cable had broken a few too many strands and sometimes would touch and start and other time not. I doubt it is this, but i was surprised by it as it didnt seem a common issue to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts