Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got an iPod for christmas and i've heard about this GROM iPod adapter for it. So i went ahead and got one of them, and at the same time got a mount from ProClip.
So here are some pictures for you mobilelectronic gurus.

You can see here that i ran the wires inderneath the plastic trim thing. It leads to the glove compartment where the GROM box is.

Here is the box in the Glove compartment....tried putting it behind the stereo like everyone recommened, but i had trouble putting the stereo back in with it being it the way.

Any comments or questions are welcome!
+rep will be returned

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dang that clean. I might have to go that rout too. So do you control your ipod through your stereo or through the ipod itself? How much is everything?

+rep for you.

With the iPod adaptor and the mount...it came close to $150-$200 after shipping n' everything.

Reactions: IS3_FTW

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Congrats on your install. I must ask tho... what are the benefits of the Grom system over VAISTech one?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Congrats on your install. I must ask tho... what are the benefits of the Grom system over VAISTech one?
I had never heard of VAISTech until now, I went to their site and they have some pretty cool stuff, especially for 2nd Gen. IS's with Nav.

But I would say for 1st Gen. The main benefit would be price, GROM is $80 where as the VAISTech is like $250. If I had Nav, I would definitely pay the extra for the video output and stuff, but I don't.

Anybody on here have the VAISTech integration?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Check out my sig... :p

·
Registered
820 Posts
Check out my sig... :p
My bad, I guess what I meant to ask, does anyone on here with the VAISTech integration have any input about it?:cool:

Like I said, I had never heard of the VAISTech system, anything different about it from the GROM?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I'll give you some feedback tomorrow. But basically... I love it. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
niice lanyard!

i have the same one!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does the proclip come with the dock port? Proclip makes great products but they're so expensive.
yah it does...here's the part numbers to the exact ones i have

The device mount (dock port):

The vehicle specific mount:

I tried to get the links, but it wouldn't work....
But If you didn't know, the way that ProClip works is that you need to order the 2 parts seperately. Let me know if you have any more Q's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts