Lexus IS Forum banner

Grip n Slip 4 Pictures. Thunderhill

6K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  !Zar! 
#1 ·
Here are some pictures from my track day at Thunderhill found in Willows, CA. Enjoy and hopefully more to come.

-Joe

See less See more
#4 ·
Hahah hell no. I will get one eventually. Can hardy tell in those pictures. I need to have the rear right quarter panel fixed. I got tapped by another car in the rain near 92.

-Joe

#7 ·
Yeah its all good thought. No structural damage, just a little bend that I have already been told can be straightened and everything. Just need to save some money and get er done.

-Joe

#9 ·
Great pix. Looks like a blast.
I have a question for you though.
Another member mentioned that when he AutoXs, he rolls down all the windows to put more weight tward the bottom of the car and pushes the sunroof all the way back to move some more weight tward the rear of the car.

Now, I know in AutoX, you don't really get up to a very high speed, but would that help at all during your races?
Or, would the wind resistance not be worth it?

#11 ·
That is pretty interesting. I would assume it makes some difference. Speed wise I was usual 65-85mph. 110mph down the main straight and about 95 on the back straight. Windows are done for the point by system. Thanks for the comments guys.

-Joe

#15 ·
#16 ·
nice photos man! the 3rd pic of the first set is my favorite, too bad there's a big orange cone in the way.

glad to see others representing the IS out at trackdays!

#21 ·
Hahah yeah my friend decided Initial D would work as music....I do like the series thought.

Tire wise I ran my 18x7.5 L-Tuned rims with shitty Falken Ziex's 215/35/18 all the way around for grip. Drift wise I used two of my 17x8 +30mm Mustang Rims in the rear with some worn down Nitto's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.