Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get a grinding / odd noise when making u-turns or tight turns in a parking lot? IS350

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Not with the stock rims. But with my aftermarket ones yes, as they slightly rub when I am at full lock.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I get something like that. It sounds like the tires are slipping in the front almost. It's usually when I am on uneven surfaces or on really textured roads.

What kinda tires and rims do you have?

P.S 500th post :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
^^^^That's correct. I've heard the same sound since I first bought my car. Sounds exactly like the front tire treads sliding and making a "grinding" sound. I have a pebbled driveway and I hear it every day. I'm not worrying about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^That's correct. I've heard the same sound since I first bought my car. Sounds exactly like the front tire treads sliding and making a "grinding" sound. I have a pebbled driveway and I hear it every day. I'm not worrying about it.
thats what the dealer said also.... oh well

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
It's the change in front end geometry as the wheels are turned full lock so the IS can have a very tight turning radius. The tires tend to "scrubb" because of the acute angle.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yeah, the MBs do that too. Except they run a really soft tire by continental so you can't hear that sound...much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys I've the same thing in my IS300 2007 since day one (in Dubai we're not that lucky to get the stunning IS350 its the only option available in the market with rear wheel drive, but comes with the highest range of options + spoilers)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts