Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if it's the wheel bearing that's going out or not. I have a loud grinding(hard to explain the sound) coming from the left front. Anyone else have issues with this or could it possibly be another part going bad?

It's not the brakes because I replaced both rotors and pads not too long ago and haven't driven my car that much since then.

·
Registered
77 Posts
does that grinding noise come out when you turn the wheel at low speed only?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it grind when it's going forwards, doesn't matter if I'm turning the wheel or anything...

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had the same problem - worse when cold for mine. It went away after I cleaned and greased the left front caliper sliders.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a similar noise (grinding-type that I couldn't really describe properly) and it turned out to be a bad bushing inside the control arm. It was really easy to see what it was once it was up on the lift; on the driver's side, the bushing was nice and thick (haha how else can i describe a bushing??) but the passenger side was completely worn away and was causing metal to rub on metal.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a similar noise (grinding-type that I couldn't really describe properly) and it turned out to be a bad bushing inside the control arm. It was really easy to see what it was once it was up on the lift; on the driver's side, the bushing was nice and thick (haha how else can i describe a bushing??) but the passenger side was completely worn away and was causing metal to rub on metal.
I should've checked for that, just had the car on stands.

doesn't seem to be a bearing. Put it on stands and there's little play in the wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts