Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sur e this has been thought of before and I mentioned it in the thread where I got this pic from but it wasn't really in the right forum. It would be cool if someone made a grill that functioned like the scoop on this evo's grill/bumper. Of course it would have to be on the left side since our stock intake inlet is on the left rather than the right like on the evo. Functionality is probably very minimal if anything but I can't see why it would function any less on our cars than the evo.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I dont think it looks good at all but everyone has their own opinion.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
i dont think it would look rite on an IS but ive never seen one on an IS so i duno lol

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I think it would looks original.
Mad JDM yooooooooooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Could look cool. However, I think you have your left and right mixed up, but we get the idear. I also think that the radiator support is in the way, but I could be wrong. I've been staring at a PLP radiator cover in that area for the past 3 years, so I'm not too famililar with what's hiding underneath.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ haha yea i meant if you are looking at the car it would have to be on the left (obviously). I looked at mine the other day to see what it's going to be like with the vented PLP radiator cover and I didn't notice any supports that would be in the way but I could have looked over something. I've never worked with fiberglass or bondo to do fab something like this but maybe it's time for a little project. If nothing else it will be origional.

I wonder how bad something like this would be when driving in the rain? There aren't any drain holes on the stock air box are there?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i always thought that little scoop thingy was an opening to grab the hood to lift it....hahaha had no idea it was for the intake....lol im retarded

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I think a bumper scoop would be cooler (IMO) ---> Here are pics
of them on Hondas. I've also seen a cf one on an Integra which
looked extremely suttle (sp?). The ones below have horrible
fitment, but if made correctly could be a cool piece.

:p

j

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Cwest is functional too.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea the kit on the evo in the first post is the Cwest so maybe that's part of the kit.

The one on that civic functions well for aftermarket cold air intakes where the filter is down behind the bumper. I've also seen intakes for civics (I use to have a 95 coupe) that replaces your headlight. I'm going for something that will function with the stock air box and inlet.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just bid on a cheap grill on ebay so if I get that i'm going to begin this little project. Looks like the only thing in the way is a horn? that I can probably easily reloacate a little off to the side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts