Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever painted there Altezza original grill the color of there car. I think that it would look bad ass in white or GGP. (maybe in colors like red or blue but id haev to see it)

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
theformat26 said:
Has anyone ever painted there Altezza original grill the color of there car. I think that it would look bad ass in white or GGP. (maybe in colors like red or blue but id haev to see it)

Yes

I am doing another memebers Altezza grill flat black right now, actually it looks gray cause of the primer :lol:

I have done MSM/Onxy/Black/Flat Black etc...

Never thought of the blues or the red a little too rice for me

If you want/need someone to paint it LMK

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will let you know. but i just wanted to see if anyone did those colors to see what it would look like. in the image i have in my head... the car would look plastic (cant quite explain that...). but i stll think white might look bad ass

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
theformat26 said:
i will let you know. but i just wanted to see if anyone did those colors to see what it would look like. in the image i have in my head... the car would look plastic (cant quite explain that...). but i stll think white might look bad ass

No problem

Some things that I have experimented with was leaving the outside of the grill a black and then just painting the slats the other color (flat, gloss etc..) giving it a 2 tone look

Also depends on which grill as well

The one I have now is an unusal one, never had one like this before and I am just doing a flat black/matte clear on it for the owner along with an altezza emblem mod

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tell you IMPRIMIS is by far a god on this board!! Gotta love it
wait... ^he's joking right?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Joking about him being god? every time i ask a question hes the first one to respond. He knows all there is to know about our cars, his is is sick and he's an all around nice guy :suspiciou No jokes coming from here

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i see

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
lextasy623 said:
Joking about him being god? every time i ask a question hes the first one to respond. He knows all there is to know about our cars, his is is sick and he's an all around nice guy :suspiciou No jokes coming from here

Wow thanks for the compliment :cool:

Not saying I am a god, I just know body work and painting from my father and then working on the IS

I am just trying to help :)

I have my 2-toned grill, and I will have a flat black grill done this week if you want pics?

(taken me a bit I ran out of matte clear)

i think hes talking about the other Altezza grill. the the metal one with the bars. not the CF TRD mesh grill.
There is not a metal grill for the car, you must be talking about the "chrome" Z grill def plastic :lol:

Painted a couple of them myself

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I would like to see what the flat black one looks like.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
SilentAttack said:
I would like to see what the flat black one looks like.

Okay

Its not a Z grill, it is a gita grill I believe (I am not sure I am the painter here :lol: )

And I am adding a ALTEZZA emblem on it

Will be cleared tom :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes i was talking about the 3-bar one.

lke 10second posted except... if the car was white

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Okay

Its not a Z grill, it is a gita grill I believe (I am not sure I am the painter here :lol: )

And I am adding a ALTEZZA emblem on it

Will be cleared tom :)
Mmm...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts