Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in Texas, just bought an IS250 with a broke timing chain. A bolt backed out of one of the timing gears and the chain broke in half. I have bought and installed a jdm engine from Dallas and now I am in the middle of swapping out the differences between the jdm and the US version. Upper intake, lower intake, some electrical connector in the water pipes in the back, wish I had seen the differences before I installed it. Would have been alot easier to be doing this with the engine out of the car. Wish me luck and I should give its first start before the end of the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
appreciate the welcomes

You should have imported a 3gr-fse engine then you'd get the .5L extra displacement with the same electronics. Then it'd be a IS300.

I wish I had known this, I certainly would have done it. But researching, it is definatly not the same harness which is not a biggie but there is a little price difference, I got this engine for 800 and that engine is going for 1200. Minor details and I am too close to finishing this one to change directions. Next rebuild maybe :)

I am puzzled by one part I hope someone can help me with, its this part called a water hose joint, which is on the us but not the jdm.

I cannot seem to identify what the connector is for. The wires are the thickest, but where they connect to this tube doesnt look like anything i have see before. Not a sensor, no idea what this does. Someone enighten me please!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Ujerk
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing