Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone from an IS300-owner-to-be!

I was shopping around for a while to upgrade from VW GTI VR6 and considered 4 cars: 3-series, RX-8, TL and IS300. After a few test-drives and a lot of homework done by reading reviews I decided to go for an IS300.

A visit to a dealer left a few minor questions unresolved. Hope, you guys can help me with those.

1. The sales person could not clarify if memory seats are available for 2004 model with the VK option set. The seats are powered but I could not find any buttons that would control the memory feature... Any comments on that?
2. Can I have temperature gauges set to centigrade scale instead of fahrenheit?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

·
Registered
641 Posts
evolver said:
1. The sales person could not clarify if memory seats are available for 2004 model with the VK option set. The seats are powered but I could not find any buttons that would control the memory feature... Any comments on that?
1. I believe memory seats come with any leather pkg, so VK should do it.
2. Somebody else will have to pick this one up. My IS is on order, so I can't exactly go check for ya. :wink:

·
Premium Member
16,536 Posts
evolver said:
1. Mine is a 2002 (memory seats are new for '04) so I'm not 100% sure on the following: 2003 and older ISs have, on the lower left of the instrument panel a "dummy switch" space (a "blank" area that you can use if you want to add some sort of switch or button) and 2 coin holders (each of which holds 8 quarters). For 2004, one of the 2 coin holders is replaced by the memory seat buttons.

2.From p.57 of the 2002 Owner's Manual: The outside temperature display (which is next to the clock) is Fahrenheit for vehicles sold in the U.S. and Centigrade for vehicles sold in Canada.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.