Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across Greenlight.com while checking out eloan.com.. anyhow, I decided to check it out.. see what kind of price it was going to give me on an IS.. with the luxury package, LSD, heated seats, and sunroof, the price it quoted me was $31,672 versus the estimated MSRP of $35,000. I had to put down a $200 "no-risk" deposit to place the order..

We'll see how it goes.. I should hear something by tomorrow.. but it did say estimated delivery would be like 9/10 (for most cars ordered today).. I won't hold my breath but hey, I guess you can technically say I have an IS on order

[This message has been edited by oh-dawg (edited August 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey nextsean,

So what happened ? I thought they said 20th at the latest ?? so what did they say this time ? Or did you mean Sept 20th ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
oh-dawg,
what zip code did you put in?
I put 98133 (seattle) and got $35,030.
I am wondering why the difference is from...

Sean

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
dang.. thats pretty cheap... If i wait until the end of the year, will the prices be lower?? Or is this a one time special??
Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nextsean,

I used 92782.. thats weird because on carorder.com or something like that, my zip code only gives a $300 discount.. but on greenlight.com, I got a $3000 discount.. I just checked the "my order" page and I have an account rep now, but no news and no phone call.. I'll keep you guys posted..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AltezzaRoku,

I doubt it.. and the only reason why I say that is because when I got the base price from greenlight, it was only like $1000 over invoice (atleast from what I remember). So unless invoice price goes down or greenlight.com is willing to make less money, my guess is that its either not going to change much or it'll go up..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, I know it was supposed to be here on 20th of this month the latest.
Well, it's not here and I am pissed.

The dealer is unable to give me the explanation of what happened. They say they don't know and they have to find out.

I am calling Spokane, WA dealer because I am sick of this.

Anybody know the detail process of what happens after the car dock?

Sean

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a call!! The sales rep from Greenlight.com just called me and he said that he found everything I wanted, except eh Luxury Package.. its just the Leather Interior.. so as it stands, it would be Blue Mica, black leather/ecsaine interior, LSD, moonroof and heated seats.. he's going to call me back with a revised quote in a bit.. I asked him if the car was from a local dealer and he said its from Santa Monica Lexus.. so if he's going off my original quote, I should be getting the IS for $31,572 with the above mentioned options, minus tax and license.. I'll let oyu guys know what happens

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Dang.. ur lucky.. thats the EXACT one i want either that or a white one...let me know what happens!! Thanks,
howie

·
Registered
323 Posts
oh-dawg, make sure that the car you want is exactly specified as how you wanted it. in california you cannot get a black interior car with LSD for the time being. you can only get the LSD with the ivory LP package. everyone in cali wants the LSD with the black interior but they dont have any for allocation here in cali, unless the dealer did a swap, which is most unlikely to have happened.

mike

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah - what acuracing said is what I have seen, so let us know how it goes.

Maybe California is getting LSD on LD cars now, or maybe it was a dealer swap, or maybe the dealer is giving you a line. I would check the factory sticker to make sure it shows LSD on there.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My zip code is 92886, and the car i entered was:

White IS300
LSD
Black Interior
Leather
Moonroof

and it was around 31000... is this actually available in Cali yet?? no huh?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Ok, here's what happened.. the guy called me this morning, told me there was one at Lexus of Santa Monica.. he asked me if I wanted to proceed with the purchase agreement.. I told him that I was waiting for a response from eLoan but that I wasnt very confident with an approval (college will do that to a kid with a credit card).. I told him I was pursuing a home equity loan.. he asked me if I still wanted to proceed with the process.. meanwhile, he'd call eLoans (apparently they work together) and find out about my loan.. so I said yes.. a couple of hours later, he called me back and said that my eLoan was still pending.. so I asked him how long I'd have to come up with financing n' this and that and about trading in my car, etc.. then like an hour later, he called again and said the car has been sold
.. so here are my guesses:

1. Santa Monica Lexus sh*t their pants when they saw the price and they told him to piss off

2. He had pending orders with other people that probably don't have problem coming up with the required capital

Regardless, he said that the dealer said they would be getting more in five (5) weeks and asked me if I'd still like to keep my order on file.. I said OK.. he put me on hold, came back and said that they can't keep orders for 5 weeks and told me that I'd get my $200 refunded and that I should just submit another order in 4-5 weeks..

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.. the thought did make me pretty damn happy on an otherwise crappy day at work..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts