Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
The new fuel pump arrived today. Everything is included in the kit. Tomorrow I will install the fuel pump, timing belt, TRD rear links and TRD gearbox mount. The TRD spark plugs have not arrived yet. Hopefully I will have them sometime next week.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Today was a bizzy morning. Firstly we started by swapping the OEM with the DeatschWerks fuel pump. Not plug and play as I thought. Initially I had to remove the OEM plug and fit the new DeatschWerks power supply plug. Next step was to fit the fuel pump on the holder . The diameter of both pumps are the same but the uprated fuel pump is a few centimeters longer. So had to modify sligtly the bottom of the DeatchsWerks fuel pump so as the cap of the holder would fit in place. After completion of the fuel pump swap and reseting the ECU I took the car for a spin and yes! the sesult was successful. The A/F now is between 12.1 and 12.6. Same values that I had when the car was mapped. So the conclusion is that the OEM fuel pump cannot handle 250+
hp.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Finally the TRD spark plugs arrived today. Now need to fit them this Saturday together with the Power Enterprise timing belt and a new water pump. Yes the water pump needs to be changed after 140000km. There is a small cooling fluid leakage from the water pump.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
fitted today the new water pump, BTW it is a very expensive part, the power enterprise belt and the TRD spark plugs.

Tomorrow I will post some pictures of the old spark plugs. The many dyno runs during both mapping and probably the water-methanol juice have deteriorated them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
New part added on the car. I had a new C-One underbody panel a couple years in the store room but never had the time to fit on the Lexus. Well the time came and finally it found its right home. The blue colour is the protector sticker as it came from the supplier. The actual colour is the C-One colour -> bright gold. I have not decided to remove the sticker or not yet.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I fitted today the new key cover. It was not a straight fitment as I thought. It needed a bit of trimming on the top side in order to match the other half of the key case. I have attached the Toyota part number if anyone wants to have the same cover.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I returned home on Saturday and today I fitted the carbon fiber bonnet. Actually it is not a TRD version but a rare Eleven nines bonnet. As I mentioned in the past it was painted badly from the previous owner so it needed a lot of work to be done in order to look again. So I took the easy way for start an wrapped it with di-noc glossy and fitted also the Aerocatch hood pins. Well I think the looks of it is much better than I thought. Here are some pics. Let me know what you think. BTW it is lightweight like paper. A lot of weight is reduce by removing the oem bonnet

I will get some better pictures tomorrow in daylight

121 - 140 of 140 Posts