Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The HKS hybrid oil filter arrived yesterday. Here are some pics of the filter.

Here are some of the parts i have collected up to now for the next upgrade. I have found 4 injectors and I need 2 more. Also a few pics of the polyurethane steering rack bushes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow is all i can say. I cant believe the amount of work you have done. How hard is that supercharger kit to get. My parents are in greece right now buliding a house maybey my dad can pick one up and ship it to me any ideas.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Wow is all i can say. I cant believe the amount of work you have done. How hard is that supercharger kit to get. My parents are in greece right now buliding a house maybey my dad can pick one up and ship it to me any ideas.
Hi, thank you for the comments. The charger is very rare, but actually there is one for sale right now and it is new.

???????? TTE COMPRESSOR KIT ??? LEXUS IS200 - ? 4.300 EUR - Car.gr

it is written in Greek but there is a phone number your father can come in contact with the seller.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Did a service today to the car. Changed the oil and fitted new Torco SR-1 oil. Also fitted the new short HKS oil filter. As you see from the pic the space is limited with the sandwich plate so there is no other option than fit this size of filter.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I just collected the new steering wheel. It is version with the black leather and red stitches. I was looking for ages to get one of this but I managed at the end.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Car looks great. Just one curious question, has anyone swapped in a 1G-GTE head off a MKIII Supra? Imagine a twin 1/2-charged (twin turbo and supercharged) IS200..:D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Car looks great. Just one curious question, has anyone swapped in a 1G-GTE head off a MKIII Supra? Imagine a twin 1/2-charged (twin turbo and supercharged) IS200..:D

Hi, no from what I know up to now. I only know one who has swapt his 1GFE for a 1GGTE engine and he has upgraded it to a single turbo.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
New updates. Today we fitted the upgrade parts. First we fitted the 375cc injectors, relocated the steering wheel bottle, installed the water/methanol kit and lastly the 160mm pulley with the 5PK583 belt. I believe this is the correct belt size. It was already too tight before using the cradle belt tensioner. Next step is now to arrange this week to have the car remapped and see what the performance output will be. Driving back home I had the meth kit disengaged (wait until the car is remapped), but up to 4500rpm the boost gauge showed me 8psi! I did not push it further want the engine safe until the upgrade has finished. Happy with the result though. Here are some pictures of today's work.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts