Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Today I fitted almost all the new parts on the car. Firstly we changed the front bushes. As you see from the photo the front bush is damaged after 125,000km so I presume it will be a good idead to have a look at your bushes too. Removing the oem bushes was not an easy job. It requires a map gas, a chesil and a hummer.

Pic of the faulty old coilover and the Megan Racing Bars.

New TRD bush fitted on the bar.

Coilover and Megan Racing parts fitted on the car.

Also the bushes of the rear oem traction rods were damaged...check this bushes too.

Front coilover fitted on the car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thank you guys for your comments. I must say that the Tanabe coilovers was not the best choice though..I purchased the Apexi but I was informed after i paid that they were out of production due to low demand so I ended up havin the Tanabe. Well they are too soft for my style of driving! I needed agrressive coilovers. So I took them off and refited the Ksport and I am happy again. Soon the Tanabe will be up for sale at a very tempting price.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Vtecos.....
Your build here is eerily similar to my own arc about 7 years ago...supra brakes, suspension,SC,flywheel..track rods......down to the TRD N1 front bushing kit.....and I'm still going....

Look into the GS300 rear upper arms. They are 9lbs lighter per arm and forged alloy....a direct swap for the steel arms......;)

Great job keep up the great work...!!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Vtecos.....
Your build here is eerily similar to my own arc about 7 years ago...supra brakes, suspension,SC,flywheel..track rods......down to the TRD N1 front bushing kit.....and I'm still going....

Look into the GS300 rear upper arms. They are 9lbs lighter per arm and forged alloy....a direct swap for the steel arms......;)

Great job keep up the great work...!!!!!
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Good idea regarding the rear upper arm. I am still developing my Lexus!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I got another good part to fit on the lexus today. I managed to get a set of TRD skirts.

After a lot of cleaning and polishing I managed to bring the used TRD side skirts to this condition. Soon to fitted on the Lex!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Yesterday the TTE rear bumper lip arrived. Needs to be painted to granite sky colour and fitted on the car together with the TRD side skirts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Today finally the window visors arrived.

for anyone who wants to order them here is the part number:

unpacked and ready to be fitted:

left side installed:

and right side:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I took some better pictures of the car today with the new body.

Now I believe the car needs a better set of rims and size 18" and I was thinking the following:

What do you think?

61 - 80 of 140 Posts