Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Greddy Evo exhaust and noticed that the muffler hangs down pretty low. It looks as if it can go up another inch or two before hitting the rear bumper exhaust cut-out. Does anybody else with this exhaust notice the same thing or am I just anal about this?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
yeah mine sits like that as well...dont be paranoid....its not gonna bottom out unless ur are dropped...

·
Registered
861 Posts
I already scrapped mine...

I hit the pipe that bends under the suspension and the bottom of the canister all in the same shot.... I took a bump to fast and I only had it a week at that time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Evo rattle

Has anyone else had any problems with the EVO mid section making a rattling noise? At first I thougth it was something related to the gaskets so I replaced those only to find out the the baffling inside the mid pip, the section of pipe before the acutal exhaust section. It's only noticable when I come to a stop. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Re: Evo rattle

It's the curved portion of the mid-pipe that's hitting the spare tire well. I just used some radiator hose and clamped it around the pipe where it hits.

VinsIS300 said:
Has anyone else had any problems with the EVO mid section making a rattling noise? At first I thougth it was something related to the gaskets so I replaced those only to find out the the baffling inside the mid pip, the section of pipe before the acutal exhaust section. It's only noticable when I come to a stop. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts