Lexus IS Forum banner

Greddy or HKS 2mm headgasket?

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Wino_II 
#1 ·
Is one really better than the other? The Greddy one is like $260, while the HKS one is like $350.

Any opinions on this?

#3 ·
The way I see it...if you mess up the install it really don't matter which one you get. But that's just my .02 cents.

#5 ·
or just get the toyota factory TT headgaskets, talk to Freelance, thats what Toyomoto uses to lower the compression with their kits... 8)

#6 ·
tsopranoMB said:
or just get the toyota factory TT headgaskets, talk to Freelance, thats what Toyomoto uses to lower the compression with their kits... 8)
That only works if you also get TT internals, which utilize lower compression pistons.

You don't really have a choice if you want to go 2mm, as HKS discontinued their 2mm headgaskets a few months ago, which pretty much leaves Greddy... but they are backordered :cry:

Have you considered a 3mm headgasket (Toyo, PHR)?? I think it runs $450, and will lower compression to 8.7:1, I believe.

-Chris

#7 ·
doublins said:
tsopranoMB said:
That only works if you also get TT internals, which utilize lower compression pistons.

You don't really have a choice if you want to go 2mm, as HKS discontinued their 2mm headgaskets a few months ago, which pretty much leaves Greddy... but they are backordered :cry:

Have you considered a 3mm headgasket (Toyo, PHR)?? I think it runs $450, and will lower compression to 8.7:1, I believe.

-Chris
ohhh...then what does PFS use when they lower compression on their stage 2?

#9 ·
hks is 360 retail as greddy is 350 retail

can be found for 250-290 depending on the company who has them in stock

the greddy is back ordered, and we have one hks 2jz left in stock 2mm

Its all the same shiet, both 2mm both made for the two companys, im not even sure you could tell the difference...

David

#12 ·
I think that the HKS has a little extra foreskin on both sides of its gasket that provide a "tighter :roll:" seal?

I'd buy the GReddy one. also how low is too low a compression on the IS300 motor? I am running 8:1 on my VW Motor. what would be a good compression ratio for, lets say 20psi on a 2JZ? :wink:

BTW... I think SRT sells the head gasket upgrade for $500 on their website :lol:

#19 ·
lil' IS 300 said:
is300soon's got a few HKS 2mm headgaskets for 291...So the HKS isn't as expensive as what was originally listed.

Ya Retail is 370 and hks charges 13 to ship them.

Ouch

david

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.