Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greddy evo2 does this exhaust sound throaty or like a coffee can, i want something with a nice sound, i saw the videos on u tube but its hard to tell. u need to be there thanks dave

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I've had my Greddy Evo II for years and love it. It certainly does not sound like a coffee can and is one of the best breathing exhausts that are less than 3 inches.
I agree. I've had mine for over a year now and it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i like the sound of this exhaust more than any other, but the way it sits kills it for me.. can you bend the brackets to make it centered more? I see some pictures where the muffler hangs really low and off center and then others where it is almost centered.. is the difference an aftermarket y-pipe or can I get my installer to make a few modifications to the exhaust to make it centered?

do you guys have pictures of your exhaust from the rear of the car (showing fitment)?

thanks

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I loved the Greddy evo for the 3 years I had it on.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I test drove a GGP IS with the only mod being the cat-back Greddy Evo II exhaust.

It was quiet, but sounded good. Defently gave Lexus the respected noise without the 'raspyness'.

It would defently be a good consideration for you.
The HKS exhaust are good too but are argubly quite pricy for an axel-back exhaust.

Then It all depends on what you are going to upgrade in the car... Headers? Intake, etc. that would make the loudness factor come into mind.

But good luck and let us know how it goes!
+rep!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went with the Greddy Ti-C and love it. With the 2jz I'm confident to say that any Greddy system is going to sound great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i think the evoII is too quiet. its a good exhaust but its too quiet for me. i went with the HKS hyper and megan piping. sounds nice and deep tone. love it

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
i think the evoII is too quiet. its a good exhaust but its too quiet for me. i went with the HKS hyper and megan piping. sounds nice and deep tone. love it
How loud do you need it? :suspiciou Why not just take the whole thing off if you want to be heard from a mile away with no performance gains whatsoever.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i got my gains. like i said it not LOUD. but deep tone. no, i never said mile away. lol. i got my megan, straight b-pipe and exhaust. dynoed bout 10hp gain. i do a dyno class at my school. so i dynoed my car. i got 12 hp gain 9lbs torque
pretty good huh? ;p

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
I have the Hiper, don't know if the b pipe is worth the loudness though, what do you say, 1 or 2 extra hp?

·
Registered
127 Posts
custom bpipe would be about a 5hp gain if you take out the res.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have to say the same about the exhaust. quite at idle, but roars when you get on it, and its not too loud.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Buy it....It sounds beautiful

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use a turboeast header / factory y-pipe / greddy evo 2 cat back and out of all the sound clips ive heard, evo 2 is the way to go. Its deep, it sounds balzy.. and people love it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts