Lexus IS Forum banner

Greddy Evo 2 Owners Look Here

4K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  tenacious tuck 
#1 · (Edited)
Calling all owners of a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust. If you love your exhaust sound, but hate how it sags like old *fill in blank*. There have been many complaints about the location of this exhaust when mounted, some suggest rebending them or just plain getting a different exhaust. Hopefully this hasn't been done, but here is my solution.

1.) Buy two radiator clamps from Kragen or where ever that go from 1 3/4 inch to like 2 1/2 I think.

2.) Jack the car up in the rear.

3.) Take a clamp and loop it around the whole rubber hanger that holds the tip on and tighten. Repeat for the second bushing.

4.) Be amazed how a $3 clamp fixes that nasty sagging. I will post pictures when I get a change. Raised my tip about an 1inch or so.

I hope this helps some Evo 2 owners. Same concept will work for other low exhausts. The idea is that you are compressing the rubber hanger thus bringing the mount higher up.

-Joe

See less See more
Reactions: do_luck
#2 ·
interesting, I've done some additional bending but still hangs low.

Any negative effects? post pictures asap. Thanks

#3 ·
Yea, I understand the low hanging issue, but has anyone had any issues with the tip not lining up in the middle of the curve? Mine sits to the left a bit too much and I had issues with it vibrating on the spare tire well when I first put it on. I had to "finesse" the spare tire well to get rid of the vibrating.

#4 ·
The trick I did helps with centering the tip too. I will post pictures asap since the site is back up. I am very found of that vibrating sound you speak of...........not. What sorta "finesse" did you use?

-Joe

#8 ·
What sorta "finesse" did you use?

-Joe
Ummm..... a rubber mallet to the spare tire well. LOL!

I was very frustrated with the fit by that time and I didn't have a lot of car lift time.

#16 ·
I just installed the Greddy EVO 2 cat back to my 02 IS300 and it bolted on perfectly and it sits right in the middle. I had someone center it and hold it before i bolted it right tight and its holding in place!!!! But good job for the creativity if yours doesn't sit right!

#18 ·
Mine still isn't centered! I guess I'll be trying this on Sat or Sun. I'll post some pics when I'm done also.

#19 ·
I finally got around to doing this modification and here's the results:
Before the clamp

After the clamp

The only thing that I've noticed is that sometimes when I leave from a stop, I hear a bit of a rattle from where the exhaust hanger is so close to the car hanger.

#22 ·
The rattle you hear is the exhaust hitting the chassis's spare tire well. This mod was done due to !Zar! (You suck Mel) helping me solve the problem.

-Joe

#26 ·
thats why I love my HKS. HKS FTW

#27 ·
Umm.

News flash.

It's not just greddy.

Don't be dumb. But then again, I translate FTW as, "I'm a giant fucking retard".

This mod helps ALL exhausts.

If you read the first post, it was to raise it up.

Centering it is an added benefit.

#29 ·
News flash

My HKS didnt need no clamps or any other type of mods. it was well centered. its pure bolt on.

#36 ·
well, considering that i just took my car to have new shox and springs
installed at an aftermarket installation shop and they told me NOT to do
this since raising and moving the tip via this method (or any method) could cause the exhaust pipe to leak. this would result from the exhaust pipe junction near the rear wheels being improperly stressed due to the re-positioning of the tip, causing it to leak there.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.