Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
How's everyone's weekend? I got a couple of questions about the GReddy E-manage. How large of injectors can u run with it? I have 440's coming, but just wondering whats the largest it can run. Also, what HP level is the E-manage good for? I was hoping like 600 or so. Also, does anybody know where I can get a blitz cone filter to fit with the srt kit? Thanks in advance.

-Chad(Aubie83)

·
Registered
426 Posts
It will correct up to some pretty large injector sizes but not without issues. I have read in a few spots that the emanage doesnt correct for idle very well with upsized injectors causing rough running conditions at idle.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats what I have heard. But, I wonder if the e-manage could run 550cc injectors. Does anybody know? :)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anymore input? And does anybody know where to get a Blitz cone filter to go with my SRT kit?

·
Registered
427 Posts
It wont be good for 600..at least no ones had it there yet..
mainly for the reason that you're going to be modifying stock ecu MAF signals beyond the range of the e-manage - lets say the limit is theoritically 14-15psi (which is very respectable and enough to put it in the category of scary fast).

The injectors wont be an issue - you can always use whatever size injectors (albeit your idle will suffer a little)- and if you need more fuel you can add an additional injector, etc.

The problem youre going to encounter will be the MAF signals

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, let me throw a scenario at you then. 440RC injectors w/ lowered compression and a T-60. Can the E-manage grab full potential of that combo with out failing? :-?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Chad, I can tell you that without standalone we hit well over 400 rwhp on 550 cc injectors. Now it was not the Greddy Emanage that PHR used on my car, but that may be able to help you.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wxman said:
Chad, I can tell you that without standalone we hit well over 400 rwhp on 550 cc injectors. Now it was not the Greddy Emanage that PHR used on my car, but that may be able to help you.
Thanks Marc, that makes me feel better. Hey, do you know where to get a blitz filter? :)

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Wxman said:
Thanks Marc, that makes me feel better. Hey, do you know where to get a blitz filter? :)
Like this one??? :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Wxman said:
Aubie83 said:
Wxman said:

what a fucking tease you ar Marc! :lol:

god that's beautiful though.

Kane

·
Registered
426 Posts
apoji187 said:
It wont be good for 600..at least no ones had it there yet..
mainly for the reason that you're going to be modifying stock ecu MAF signals beyond the range of the e-manage - lets say the limit is theoritically 14-15psi (which is very respectable and enough to put it in the category of scary fast).

The injectors wont be an issue - you can always use whatever size injectors (albeit your idle will suffer a little)- and if you need more fuel you can add an additional injector, etc.

The problem youre going to encounter will be the MAF signals
I believe the greddy pressure sensor is a 3 bar sensor giving it capability to run around 30psi. I wouldnt run that high of boost without having a bit more control than the emanage gives over ignition timing but theoretically it could do it. As for the MAF signal issue, you can clamp the MAF value at whatever voltage you want so that the ECU doesnt see anything higher than what you show it.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
i know of someone who's about to go for 650whp on a emanage. i get the impression that he's the end all be all for emanage though.

it just seems like a futile struggle above 450 though. Too much effort and worry just to say you did it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
IS_Dude said:
i know of someone who's about to go for 650whp on a emanage. i get the impression that he's the end all be all for emanage though.

it just seems like a futile struggle above 450 though. Too much effort and worry just to say you did it.
what car is it and what components is he using? thats big power!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wxman said:
Aubie83 said:
Wxman said:

God, that is so beautiful! Marc, where did you get that filter!! :D

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Wxman said:
Aubie83 said:
Wxman said:

God, that is so beautiful! Marc, where did you get that filter!! :D
PM me and I can give you the details. Is that what you meant though?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Aubie83 said:
I have 440's coming, but just wondering whats the largest it can run. Also, what HP level is the E-manage good for? I was hoping like 600 or so.

-Chad(Aubie83)

How do you plan on 600hp? You said you barely had enough money for the SRT stage 2. You would have to do a tranny swap for that horse power.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
stick said:
Aubie83 said:
I have 440's coming, but just wondering whats the largest it can run. Also, what HP level is the E-manage good for? I was hoping like 600 or so.

-Chad(Aubie83)

How do you plan on 600hp? You said you barely had enough money for the SRT stage 2. You would have to do a tranny swap for that horse power.
I am not planning on 600.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Aubie,

There are two emanage user groups on www.yahoogroups.com . The size of injectors it will control depends on the size of your stock injectors. It will correct to injectors up to 150% of stock.

If you're going hihg boost, it makes more sense to run smallish main injectors and then have additional injectors that come on under boost, a very helpful function of the emanage. I know that people have split the emanage extra injector signal to operate more than the recommended number of injectors. If it can run 4, there's no reason it can't run 6. ;)

Seriously, check the user group archives, you will find most of your answers there.

-Justin

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Justin.b said:
Aubie,

There are two emanage user groups on www.yahoogroups.com . The size of injectors it will control depends on the size of your stock injectors. It will correct to injectors up to 150% of stock.

If you're going hihg boost, it makes more sense to run smallish main injectors and then have additional injectors that come on under boost, a very helpful function of the emanage. I know that people have split the emanage extra injector signal to operate more than the recommended number of injectors. If it can run 4, there's no reason it can't run 6. ;)

Seriously, check the user group archives, you will find most of your answers there.

-Justin
Thanks Justin, I will look into that mang! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts