Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Well, ya'll know the kit is on the way. But just like everybody else that gets boost. You are gonna want more of it :p . I wouldnt mind upgrading to SRT's Stage 3. What my question is, what HP is the e-manage good for? How much can you get on before you HAVE to go full stand-alone? Is 400HP too much? And has anybody got the ignition harness to work??

Thanks,
Chad(Aubie83)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, that is a good thread. :D Can anybody answer my other 2 questions? What HP is it good for and has anybody got the ignition harness to work?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Some words of wisdom.....

I talked to gavin the other day on the phone for at least 45 minutes. And we were talking about this and that. Out of that convo I learned some things and got some ideas. From that...I will tell you this.

If you want more hp than what comes with the SRT stage I...save up and get something else when you can. You will soon find that piecing things together will cost you more in the long run. By the time you do this, do that, you could have had a Toyomoto Stage 1 1/2 for the price you paid or even a stage II and 450+ rwhp and everything you ever wanted with unlimited possibilities.

Since you have already ordered the kit though, I would say just drive it and tune it and enjoy it. Then once you get some money behind you, start upgrading. But you will spend more money this way.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gavron1 said:
No Chad as posted here http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13354930 I don't think anyone has got it working yet. and yes the emanage will be fine for 400 hp. I thought stage I power was going to be plenty for you??
Yeah, but when I talked to you back in december you said "I am happy with my HP right now" and look what you have been up to. :wink:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Chad I don't recall that conversation at all, I have had the emanage since around Nov. and was trying to increase the HP since. I was just asking since you and I talked for quite a while the other day about this very topic.
Aubie83 said:
gavron1 said:
No Chad as posted here http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13354930 I don't think anyone has got it working yet. and yes the emanage will be fine for 400 hp. I thought stage I power was going to be plenty for you??
Yeah, but when I talked to you back in december you said "I am happy with my HP right now" and look what you have been up to. :wink:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gavron1 said:
Chad I don't recall that conversation at all, I have had the emanage since around Nov. and was trying to increase the HP since. I was just asking since you and I talked for quite a while the other day about this very topic.
Aubie83 said:
gavron1 said:
I'm sorry, I thought you said that. I am prolly mistaken as always. But, I know like alot of things you will want to make it better. So I am just asking and researching now. I havent commited to anything. Once my stage 1 is tuned I will happy for a while with it. I just know that I will want more eventually. Thats all.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
But, I know like alot of things you will want to make it better. So I am just asking and researching now. I havent commited to anything. Once my stage 1 is tuned I will happy for a while with it. I just know that I will want more eventually. Thats all.
Than why not have saved up and went with toyomoto and got it all in one package?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ITP said:
But, I know like alot of things you will want to make it better. So I am just asking and researching now. I havent commited to anything. Once my stage 1 is tuned I will happy for a while with it. I just know that I will want more eventually. Thats all.
Than why not have saved up and went with toyomoto and got it all in one package?
Because I wanted to go with SRT. I feel they had the right options for me. So, in turn, I chose the one that suited my budget for the time being.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
But in the long run want it be more money, time, and hassle?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Its an alright option for someone who doesnt have 10k to drop at one time and for someone who really wants some performance right away.

Although, upgrading becomes routine and annoying at times.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
You are going to be pretty damn close when you start upgrading this and that....I have nothing against his choice...its Chad's car...I have always just been one to try and get what I want in the end first..that way I dont have to hassle with the little things.....

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not saying NOTHING bad about SRT. But I will get the E-Manage through them. I am not saying I will do a headgasket swap and stuff like that. Never stated that. I am just saying like SRT told me, I wanna be able to tune on the fly. Made adjustments myself, ya know?

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Aubie83 said:
I am not saying NOTHING bad about SRT. But I will get the E-Manage through them. I am not saying I will do a headgasket swap and stuff like that. Never stated that. I am just saying like SRT told me, I wanna be able to tune on the fly. Made adjustments myself, ya know?
Understandable...but why are you waiting for order e-manage through SRT? I was set on doing that but they're at least a month away from getting everything set with GReddy. If it's pre-programmed, it's not gonna make a difference anyway because you're gonna ring it to a dyno anyway and tune it to YOUR car. Just order one from another place that has everything in stock and ready and you'll end up with the same thing then you would have with SRT's.

I suggest going here: http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/

I ordered "E-manage + Support Tool + ignition & injector Harness + Pressure Sensor & Harness = $575* (Save $33)"

Just get the ignition Harness and when someone figures it out, you'll have it. This place you're ordering from ROCKS. The guy who runs it literally IM'ed me on AIM twice a day after my order and updated me. He kept me up to date when the boost pressure harness wasn't in stock and told me when it was in and shipped.

Hell, he IM'ed me one day and told me the package was delivered. I had no idea what he was talking about, told him to hold on, went downstairs, opened the front door, and there was the package. If you're gonna order e-manage, order from this place. :D

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lil' IS 300 said:
Aubie83 said:
Understandable...but why are you waiting for order e-manage through SRT? I was set on doing that but they're at least a month away from getting everything set with GReddy. If it's pre-programmed, it's not gonna make a difference anyway because you're gonna ring it to a dyno anyway and tune it to YOUR car. Just order one from another place that has everything in stock and ready and you'll end up with the same thing then you would have with SRT's.

I suggest going here: http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/

I ordered "E-manage + Support Tool + ignition & injector Harness + Pressure Sensor & Harness = $575* (Save $33)"

Just get the ignition Harness and when someone figures it out, you'll have it. This place you're ordering from ROCKS. The guy who runs it literally IM'ed me on AIM twice a day after my order and updated me. He kept me up to date when the boost pressure harness wasn't in stock and told me when it was in and shipped.

Hell, he IM'ed me one day and told me the package was delivered. I had no idea what he was talking about, told him to hold on, went downstairs, opened the front door, and there was the package. If you're gonna order e-manage, order from this place. :D
Thanks Alex, I will look into that. Did TBKO get the igntion harness to work?? :-?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ANYTHING

anyways, give them a call, they are back now

-gte

Aubie83 said:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts