Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the piggyback plugged into my PNP harness on my 01 is300. When hooking it up to the laptop, nothing at all happens. The laptop (old windows XP dell) does not recognize nor even displays anything is plugged it on device manager. I have tried different USB ports and USB cables. The Greddy software and USB drivers are installed and set. Even when hooking it up to the laptop, the communication light only stays constant with no blinking. I have tried on multiple laptops but could not get it to connect. I have 12 volts going to the ECU and see no reason why it would not connect. it seems like the Greddy does not even send power or signals to the USB cable for the laptop to sense something. Could be the female USB type-B is broken? or is the ECU fried or faulty?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try a new cable. Has all the jumpers been set in the Greddy?
Yes the jumpers has been set and I have tried several usb type b cables already. I notice the very very first time I plugged it into my computer, the laptop made the ding dong sound, but now nothing happens.

·
4,654 Posts
Sounds like the software or driver that you installed. Did you use the disk that the Greddy comes with? Or a download from somewhere?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the software or driver that you installed. Did you use the disk that the Greddy comes with? Or a download from somewhere?
I used the disc software with the preinstall, a download from greddy's website, and one download I picked from youtube. The software all seemed to be okay. Windows should at least detect that something is connect to the computer but nothing happens at all. I have a feeling it's the EMU at fault. I am going to check the multimeter if any signal is coming to the USB- type b port on the greddy. the port does seem a little loose (perhaps from the use over the years).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts