Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've had my IS for a whopping 2 days and those heads are turning faster than anything I've ever owned.

I was driving through the parking lot of an expensive mall area in Austin. In front of me (about 20 yards) was a new BMW 330i. It drove by a whole group of people and I did not see one head turn. I pulled by the same group, and as I looked out my window I saw the stares coming. As I pulled away two different couples were pointing at the IS--god I love that feeling.

This is one awesome vehicle and it's very unique. I love it!!!!

------------------
Austin
'01 IS300 - Black/Tan

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Enjoy while you can. My car used to be able to do that, but now there are more and more IS in the Orange County area (I saw two yesterday), it is not that special anymore.
But you are right, it does get people's attention at first. I remember the first week I had this car, people were looking and pointing at it whenever I go. A very special feeling that I never had before.

·
Registered
130 Posts
...yeah I love that feeling and I don't even own an IS3 yet, I won't have one until about mid to late September (Graphite Grey/Blck w/graphite rims). A friend and I took out a white one this weekend and still got plenty of stares especially from the ladies, it was a riot when we went past this ricer in a red civic and we just watched his mouth drop. I can't wait until I get mine so I can get that feeling everyday, provided there aren't that many on the street yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts