Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. just wanted to let you know how tonight went.. well, ted921 and bigdaddyrich were able to join the fun... lexisny on the other hand sold out on us.. and stayed in ny.. kelby..again was a no show..

well..the day seemed as though the rain was never going to end.. but as luck turned out.. it stopped raining just in time for the manchester motorsports show.. we even got a little sun.. anyways.. rich left ny around 3... took him 4 hours through memorial day traffic to get here.. normally takes less than half that.. anyways.. i thought we were going to be late..but we got there just in time.. as we pulled in... some of the guys working the parking lot directed us to park in the 3 best spots.. i couldn't believe it.. at the last show, they had a phat nsx parked there, along with some turbocharged integras..

well, we were definitely an attraction, mad people were checkin out our rides..met some cool peeps.. and talked to the head guy there about getting together a pre-meet to the movie, the fast and the furious..i'll let you know details after tuesday, when i talk to them some more.. but it felt good to bring so much attention to our cars.. wish some of you guys could have made it out.

afterwards..ofcourse we went to the pike.. it wasn't crazy out there..but definitely fun.. i must say..after i put the trac ecu/ ecu reflash, my car is much much more responsive and can now take an integra i was losing to before..

now get this..there was an old school ferrari out tonight... i saw it parked for the majority of the night..but towards the end.. he was out there racing with the rest of us... the craziest part.. you guys aren't going to believe this... well, 1st of all, i think it was the 308..the magnum PI one.. but i could be wrong.. rich..which one was it?? ok..the crazy part was that i raced him..not once, but twice.. the first time.. we only raced for one gear.. 2nd.. and i pulled on him half a carlength.. we came up to a light.. and he asks me.. what kind of engine does that have.. surprised that i pulled... i told him an inline 6.. the light turned green..and we gave each other the nod to go at it again.. and again.. from a rolling start..i pulled on him up to about 65-70.. well i pulled in front ..about 3/4 of a car length.. as he shifted into 3rd..the inevitable happened..and he pulled hard on me... as we came to the next light, we gave each other the thumbs up..and parted ways.. this made me very happy, i know in the stretch..this car would kill me, but for the short distance..my car did quite well.. hopefully it doesn't rain this wednesday, so i can take finally take it to the drags and see what kind of times i'm running..

well..it was a great night..and had a lot of fun.. peace.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rich..forgot one thing.. your ride is looking suhhhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!! for real.. it looks great... whenever you want to roll together..just give me a holla.. i dont know if we're going up to ny tonight ..or what.. i just accidently slept through toms calls when he came up here to pick up his car.. my bad tom.. he's already on his way back home.. i had no idea he would be coming up so early..

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
TiCal.. Urvy & I have a great time as always with You, Susie, Ted, Bones, and Chris. Its a lot of fun. Yeah that Ferrari was a 308. It was pouring on the drive back to NYC last nite s owe got in at 2am.

I am actually shocked at how fast your car pulls after we went at it a few times. I was like what happened?
I must say that the SRT intake does justice, as well as all the ECU and Trac Updates. I think I may jump the fence and buy the SRT after last night! I definitely need to organize some more NYC cars for the next meet. I will get my M3 and GTi friends to come along.

Thanks for the ride compliment. Now my car sits just as cool and low as yours. So you basically seeing a yellow reflection of ur ride in motion!!
I can't wait to have my bodykit put on. also im still on the neverending quest for my spoiler. (sigh)

We need some pics posted of last night. I will get on it.

PS... Ted921 -- YOUR GS is THE PHATTEST ONE I HAVE SEEN -- NO JOKE!! Much props to my man Ted!!

Later... Rich. PS are you guys gonna come to the show next week in Long Island?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Guys:

I had lots of fun as always.

Kudos to everyone.

Rich: Thanksd a lot for the very kind words!! Much appreciated.

By the way, I mean this real serious, your car is totally PHAT!! I will be EVEN MORE PHENOMENAL when you put your kit on. DEFINATELY SHOW CAR QUALITY!!!

Peace. Keep me updated on next get together.

Ted

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My fault fellas...I left a message for you TICALIS did you get it?? I got out late from work and I knew the traffic was going to be dreadful at that time so I decided not to go, but I did call and leave a message.

Tical do you go to the track in NH???? I used to run my SI up there the best time I did was 16 with a few minor bolt-ons what time do head out if its the raceway in NH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts