Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot of posts asking for a good way to mount an iPod. This is by far the best I've seen. I purchased it on eBay and am VERY happy. Just go to kudausa.com, call 1-866-ITS-KUDA, or search eBay for "kuda ipod lexus." It's actually cheaper buying on eBay than direct from the company. You buy the mount and the holder separately. There are 3 size holders - small, medium and large. Normally the small is for the iPod but I have a hard case around mine so I ordered the medium. The mount comes in black or tan.

Now I have a question. Notice the cassette adaptor in the photos. I want to get rid of the lame chord dangling there. I've been checking out the AUX IN postings but I don't understand how it works. Once I've done the mod to add the RCA jacks, what do I do next? How do I connect the RCA jacks to my iPod? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
i still think my ipod connection looks the best....no messy add ons or bulky clips or hangers...

and for your rcas...apple sells rcas for ipod that are 20 bucks...

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I think the best iPod mount is tucked away and having the head unit control the music. You cant possibly get cleaner than that.

Go to radio shak and tell the you need a 3.5mm headphone jack (i think its 3.5mm) to RCA conversion wire. They will know what it is.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
brownieking- if you have a regular ipod, not the minis, then your ipod will fit perfectly in the ash tray space if you remove the ash tray....it just so happens that it fits perfect...no modding required!

magoo- ha nevermind your right....that would be the best looking ipod setup....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
JAEohEN said:
i still think my ipod connection looks the best....no messy add ons or bulky clips or hangers...

and for your rcas...apple sells rcas for ipod that are 20 bucks...
I also thought about doing this, but I wanted to use the line-out signal from the iPod which comes out of the bottom. How did you work around this, or are you using the headphone output from the top?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
drinkmalk said:
I also thought about doing this, but I wanted to use the line-out signal from the iPod which comes out of the bottom. How did you work around this, or are you using the headphone output from the top?
there lies the problem..the rcas for the ipod go into the headphone jack...so i have the cable resting behind a toy is300 i keep in that empty space under the traction button, and plug in when necessary....

i havent found anything that would let me use it from the bottom....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts