Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wuttup~!... a friend of mine opened an audio shop (maybe a year ago) and it's located in Manhasset, Long Island called Next Level Mobile. He sponsored my car, which is about 3/4 done (and is also the reason I couldnt go to flushing meadows because we started it last wed and worked on it for 36hrs till now... i got home at 8am sunday morning from working on it... argh) and just wanted to share some quick teaser shots of the project. If anyone is looking for a good shop... give him a call Vinny 516-627-0000... and let him know i referred you. Anyways... what do u guys think?
the box is fiberglass and is a perfect mold of the wheel well. the entire box is wrapped in solar yellow vinyl to match the paint (black vinyl will be added to mirror my hood). i know the subs are off centered... the other side will be filled with a cap... also to come are etching... and a couple tvs... and an optima yellow. the sides are lowered to give a larger look... i might also wrap the fiberglass in CF... and finally the specs...
Alpine 4 channel MRV-545 amp
2 Alpine mono MRD-1005 amps
2 Alpine 12" Type-X subs (3000W max, 1000 rms)... made with of Carbon Fiber (see face)!!!!
Alpine interior speakers
Alpine IVA-D900 HU
other little crap...

PEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEE~!!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would have but the wheel well wouldnt allow it

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
looks good avi...but how wouldnt the wheel well allow it? dont see how it would interfere...

nice none the less

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Looks good mang

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Spare tire well isnt centered in the car... its off to the left. Either way the setup looks great! Imma check these guys out pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
nice work Avi. install looks really clean.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Damn, nice setup Avi.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
maybe its a good thing you got your car borken into...this setup looks way better than the old one. looks great meng!

·
Registered
251 Posts
thats awsome.... i got an alpine type-R... anyone know if thats good? also i had a open box but it kinda fell apart and screws wouldent hold the sub in so i had to rig up a closed box and the sound is kind of off since its in a closed box.... also im having trouble i think tuneing my amp to make it sound right.. would this shop be able to help me at a decent price to tell me whats wrong?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
romyo- yes the spare tire well is off centered... the only way to center them would be to invert the sub or raise the box... both of which im not a fan of

mikefate- yea getting my car broken into gave me the idea to redo everything... good in that way... still dont like the feeling that some dick was in my car... btw can i buy a fig prop kit from you?

glassdanse- type-r what size and ohm per coil? what is powering it and at what ohm? the type-r is a great sub and interior speaker if tuned right and properly fed... it has really good response and depth (depending on size)... my audio place can definitely fix ur box and tune it for a good price... a properly sealed box makes all the difference... lemme know if i can help you.

everyone- thanks for the comments... i appreciate it... it took a long ass time and a lot of work... im glad it came out nice....

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kicker 15" l7
rockford 1501bd amp
alpine 4 channel

sub built into wheel well... and amps mounted behind it flat... wrapped in carpet... nothing great... but sounded good.... i might have the wood from my old box if any one wants it... u have to pick it up though and tell me quick.

·
Registered
251 Posts
its a type-r `12 with a 1000 watt alphasonic amp ya the main problem is after my box broke i had to get a closed box and to fit the sub in it i had to drill out some of the back of the box so it would fit... its really messed up and i have no idea wut to do with the settings on the amp

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
The new system looks sweet Avi, enjoy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts