Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of the gray Altezza emblem? I've seen black ones, and I have a red one, but I've never seen gray, and the only post about it here is from FS/FT and doesn't have any pics.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
gray?? I thought you're talking about black pearl kind... I've never seen gray too..

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, gray. It's supposedly like the common red and black "diamond A" Altezza emblems, but gray.

A friend of mine was talking about them, and there was that thread in the for sale forum.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10secondIS said:
i have a blue one. sorry, no gray
Never heard of blue either. Is it a one-off? Or a modified badge, like those colored Honda logos?

Post pics!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- I need a rear trunk BLACK ALTEZZA emblem, anyone know where to find???

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dut said:
They have those? Not the word "Altezza," but the diamond "A" logo made for the trunk?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
dut said:
They have those? Not the word "Altezza," but the diamond "A" logo made for the trunk?
- no, im looking for one that says ALTEZZA on the trunk... plus it was a bump for you :crazy:

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
dut said:
Hobby Store, spray on tint. Viola.. smoked emblems. :lol:

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
kraze8 said:
dut said:
Hobby Store, spray on tint. Viola.. smoked emblems. :lol:
"You can't fix Stupid"

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
dut said:
I just bought a normal one and had Longo Lexus send it in for the "electrolosis" (yeah yeah, I know I spelled it wrong) process to give it the black pearl look because my friend in Japan says they do not actually make black pearl JDM Altezza badges. It costs $20 to send it in, I thought it is worth it because hobby shop paint or laquer could wear off.
Oh yeah, I did see a black pearl Altezza on Ebay a long time ago, "still in the bag." But my friend swears that they do not come out of the factory like that.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
BlackSportD said:
dut said:
I just bought a normal one and had Longo Lexus send it in for the "electrolosis" (yeah yeah, I know I spelled it wrong) process to give it the black pearl look because my friend in Japan says they do not actually make black pearl JDM Altezza badges. It costs $20 to send it in, I thought it is worth it because hobby shop paint or laquer could wear off.
Oh yeah, I did see a black pearl Altezza on Ebay a long time ago, "still in the bag." But my friend swears that they do not come out of the factory like that.
- wtf... :eek:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw that one on eBay too. It was sealed in *A* bag, but it didn't have a Toyota sticker with a part number on it. It was just the same kind of bag, sans label.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
10secondIS said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
10secondIS said:
Never heard of blue either. Is it a one-off? Or a modified badge, like those colored Honda logos?

Post pics!
i just had the whole grill custom painted. the outside trim and the emblem are factory matched IBP. looks sweet IMO

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/is...&.view=t&.done=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/
That does look pretty sweet... but it'd look better if you hmasked off the center portion that says "Altezza."

Are you going to put a 2002 emblem on there? Ooh! Get a 2002 emblem, paint the backplate IBP, and stick the "L" emblem back on!

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
10secondIS said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
10secondIS said:

Post pics!
i just had the whole grill custom painted. the outside trim and the emblem are factory matched IBP. looks sweet IMO

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/is...&.view=t&.done=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/
That does look pretty sweet... but it'd look better if you hmasked off the center portion that says "Altezza."

Are you going to put a 2002 emblem on there? Ooh! Get a 2002 emblem, paint the backplate IBP, and stick the "L" emblem back on!
i didnt want the A on there. i'm not into turning my car into an Altezza with the badges and everything. Thats what its called over there. Over here its an IS300. But I really liked that grill, so I just painted it solid.

Painting the back IBP would look sweet, but there is no real way to attach the L emblem to that grill. Some guys have drilled them in or used wires to rig them into place, but nothing overly secure.

I'm satisfied with it for now. I am going with the white on blue look. Theres not an ounce of chrome on my car anywhere. everything is white.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
10secondIS said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
10secondIS said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
10secondIS said:

Post pics!

i didnt want the A on there. i'm not into turning my car into an Altezza with the badges and everything. Thats what its called over there. Over here its an IS300. But I really liked that grill, so I just painted it solid.

Painting the back IBP would look sweet, but there is no real way to attach the L emblem to that grill. Some guys have drilled them in or used wires to rig them into place, but nothing overly secure.

I'm satisfied with it for now. I am going with the white on blue look. Theres not an ounce of chrome on my car anywhere. everything is white.
;)

I filed it down a little bit to fit and used double sided tape, but peterc used zip ties on the tabs (I cut my tabs off). Either way is secure enough to keep it on, but both together would be the best. To get the most contact using tape, I "stacked" stips of tape. There's probably 1"² of contact.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
dut said:
BlackSportD said:
dut said:
- wtf... :eek:
Yeah, supposidly to do it "properly" its an electrical proccess, not paint, just like honda emblems. I'd rather spend the money (and trust me, I don't make much) and have it done properly than to have paint chipping off of it after a year or so. Was about the shave off the L and Lexus emblems too to keep it real, but that same friend says that now Lexus is released in Japan, there are already a sh#t ton of Altezza's driving around with L emblems too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.