Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's graphite 17" look on a silver IS? Any pics to post? I've heard the stock rims looks better? Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Kompressor (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey man! What's up? I presume you are the fellow owner of a little K? It's good to have someone else on this board that owns an SLK/C230K. Do you have any engine mods on yours?

------------------
1998 Mercedes Benz SLK230
2000 Ford Excursion Ltd. 4x4 Diesel (for the winter)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Silver with brushed rims(soon will be getting some 18")...but IMHO, it looks better. Chrome just does not look right with Silver. Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Altezzer, it's just a name I've been using for LAN games and such at work. I've always thought it was a cool nick, and nobody ever uses it on internet gameing, so it works.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No...I meant the graphite polished 17"(they look chrome to me) if you elect to get that option. The stock 17" are brushed aluminums. Hope that clears a bit...

Originally posted by Kompressor:
MobeIS300,

When you say Chrome, do you mean the stock 17"s?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well I had the choice of going with the graphite or the normal ones for my silver IS and I choose the normal ones........it just looks better with it......heres a pic...

------------------
2001 Silver IS300
95 Eclipse GST
99 SLK 230 Sport

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After comparing the two, I dont' really think either looks bad. In which case, I think I'll save the $400 and spend it on tinting and stonegaurd. Thanks for the pics guys.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Rizzoach, you stole my car! JK, I have the Mill silver as well, except, I have the GS400 spoiler. I think the polished look the best! Soon to upgrade to some 18 HRE's, as soon as I close another big deal. Don't want to upset the wife too much. I did install the SRT intake. I do love that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts