Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's graphite 17" look on a silver IS? Any pics to post? I've heard the stock rims looks better? Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Kompressor (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey man! What's up? I presume you are the fellow owner of a little K? It's good to have someone else on this board that owns an SLK/C230K. Do you have any engine mods on yours?

------------------
1998 Mercedes Benz SLK230
2000 Ford Excursion Ltd. 4x4 Diesel (for the winter)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Silver with brushed rims(soon will be getting some 18")...but IMHO, it looks better. Chrome just does not look right with Silver. Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Altezzer, it's just a name I've been using for LAN games and such at work. I've always thought it was a cool nick, and nobody ever uses it on internet gameing, so it works.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No...I meant the graphite polished 17"(they look chrome to me) if you elect to get that option. The stock 17" are brushed aluminums. Hope that clears a bit...

Originally posted by Kompressor:
MobeIS300,

When you say Chrome, do you mean the stock 17"s?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well I had the choice of going with the graphite or the normal ones for my silver IS and I choose the normal ones........it just looks better with it......heres a pic...

------------------
2001 Silver IS300
95 Eclipse GST
99 SLK 230 Sport

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After comparing the two, I dont' really think either looks bad. In which case, I think I'll save the $400 and spend it on tinting and stonegaurd. Thanks for the pics guys.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Rizzoach, you stole my car! JK, I have the Mill silver as well, except, I have the GS400 spoiler. I think the polished look the best! Soon to upgrade to some 18 HRE's, as soon as I close another big deal. Don't want to upset the wife too much. I did install the SRT intake. I do love that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Hunt NXS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing