Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dtu and I had a little meeting:

I have the graphite wheels, he doesn't - so you can compare.

The difference is subtle...

[Mine with the graphite wheels is the one on the left in the top picture, and the one on the right in the bottom picture.]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited October 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Graphite Gray is a nice color - the polished wheels don't look that much different from the regular ones - not worth $400 in my book. Maybe the pic doesn't so them justice.

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
No, the graphite wheels on are the right. (of the lower picture anyway) They are darker. It's very difficult to see how cool they look in pictures. IMO, they ARE worth the extra $400.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited October 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
...hmmm nice pics, so that's what I've got look forward to huh? Very nice indeed, I wonder what it look like once the car is lowered.

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited October 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
626 Posts
Very nice I must say. I have seen the graphit wheels, in my opinion not worth the 400.00. There really is not a big difference, they are just darker. I would save the 400.00 and apply them to aftermarket if you really wanted them.

Color is nice. I believe Silver and Graphite Grey are the two best colors for this car.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Very nice I must say. I have seen the graphit wheels, in my opinion not worth the 400.00. There really is not a big difference, they are just darker. I would save the 400.00 and apply them to aftermarket if you really wanted them.

Color is nice. I believe Silver and Graphite Grey are the two best colors for this car.

Well and extra $400 to an IS300 increases your monthly payment by only a small amount and I'm sure the majority of you that bought the IS300 can afford that difference. So basically it all boils down to personal preference...
Eric....

·
Registered
141 Posts
The picture doesn't do them justice, and the graphite are definitely worth the extra $100 per rim. They have a smoother finish (easier to keep brake dust off and clean), and have a great greyish color to them. I have them on my black IS.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Seen the graphite wheels on a base Black, but need to see it on a Graphite. They looked shinier than the regular 17". Well, I suppose I will wait for my Graphite/Graphite to see for myself [in person] the praises this combination is receiving. I have waited 4 weeks so far, what's a few more. But the car and both wheels look nice.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I'll say this....After looking at the Graphite wheels, I realize that they are more tasteful looking than the Chromed Factory Wheels because you have the best of both worlds. It provides that glossy look without being too gaudy....
Eric...

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited October 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
323 Posts
TEG, DTU!!! WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GUYS PLAYIN CHICKEN WITH THESE BEAUTIFUL CARS!!!!!! STOP THIUS NONSENSE... haha
must say that those are some nice lookin cars... but i still love my black...

mike

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I think I'm in love with Graphite. I love my black, but the Graphite is a very unique and uncommon color, not to mention beautiful.
I guess I should've thought of that before.
Oh well, no regrets. I still love my IS.
I guess my next IS (4 or 5 years later) will be a graphite with a stick.

black/ivory
17"

·
13,978 Posts
i went to the bank yesterday and when i came out someone with a black IS parked right next to me. i thought it was kinda cheesy but i guess it wasn't that bad! i guess i wanted to be the only one there with an IS...hehehe!

btw, anyone on the board park next to a black IS yesterday at bank of america???

-------
2001 Black IS 300
...oneeyejack

1 - 20 of 28 Posts