Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time I washed my new IS, I noticed a gouge and cracking of the polished surface of one of my wheels. It's not terribly bad, but nevertheless, it's gouged. It's obviously not caused by my rubbing the curb, since it's toward the center of the wheel and I haven't hit anything with the wheels. I've done nothing to injure the wheel since I've had the car (only about a week).

Does anyone have any advice for me to get this covered by the dealer when I bring it in for the 1k service? I called the dealer and the guy seemed a little disinterested. He just said, "Bring it in and we'll look at it, but it's probably not going to be covered by warranty." Any help from you guys would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry, I don't believe it will be covered, but it will not hurt to ask. I have a similar gouge after going to the carwash. But, I could not prove to the Carwash place that they did it, so I did not do anything to it.
If you want, visit some local garages and see if anyone can polish it for you. It won't be the same, but it will be better than what it is now. I believe it is about $60 per wheel.
Hope this help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts