Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here's the story basically. My dad has a 350Z with Nismo Intake and will pretty much mess with anyone he knows he's got a chance to beat. Well I know he'll mess with me one day when he's coming home from work and I'm coming home from school so I wanna be ready. He'll do it just to make me angry. Damn dads. ;)

Okay so basically I've got about $1,500-$2,000 of cash to do stuff to the IS...but I have no idea what to do. I mean I've obviously thought about the whole:

• SRT Intake w/ ECU
  • Toyomoto Headers
  • L-Tuned Exhaust

Which that would take me to about ~$1,300 all new. So what else should I do? And even with that stuff, do I have any chance at least being next to my dad off the line? I just wanna beat him. :cool:

sISp

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yea you aren't going to beat him with those mods. keep saving :)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
you probably wont beat him with those mods but if you dont think fi is for you then get those mods and give it a try. its better to be able to almost keep up with him than being stock and getting owned. hey youll never know theres always a chance

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
speedisprecious said:
Okay so here's the story basically. My dad has a 350Z with Nismo Intake and will pretty much mess with anyone he knows he's got a chance to beat. Well I know he'll mess with me one day when he's coming home from work and I'm coming home from school so I wanna be ready. He'll do it just to make me angry. Damn dads. ;)

Okay so basically I've got about $1,500-$2,000 of cash to do stuff to the IS...but I have no idea what to do. I mean I've obviously thought about the whole:

• SRT Intake w/ ECU
  • Toyomoto Headers
  • L-Tuned Exhaust

Which that would take me to about ~$1,300 all new. So what else should I do? And even with that stuff, do I have any chance at least being next to my dad off the line? I just wanna beat him. :cool:

sISp
Aside from nitrous, none of those things will help.
You'l lose.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
you have no chance off the line...try from a roll

i dont know y you would buy new when you could get the same thing for so much cheaper...

srt intake used - 250-300
ltuned exhaust used - 250-300
toyomoto headers and y pipe used - 200-250

so thats between $700 and $850...saving you between $450 and $600

i would also go further and say get another intake than the srt....save about 150-175 bucks..with that money but an apexi safc2 and you will prolly run more power than the srt intake with piggyback ecu

·
Registered
645 Posts
Romyo247 said:
i would also go further and say get another intake than the srt....save about 150-175 bucks..with that money but an apexi safc2 and you will prolly run more power than the srt intake with piggyback ecu
Yeah but won't he lose that money he saves by having to have this setup tuned and stuff? How much more power would come from this setup than the SRT?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Romyo247 said:
you have no chance off the line...try from a roll

i dont know y you would buy new when you could get the same thing for so much cheaper...

srt intake used - 250-300
ltuned exhaust used - 250-300
toyomoto headers and y pipe used - 200-250

so thats between $700 and $850...saving you between $450 and $600

I agree that the Safc2 will get you more ponies, but then the afc2 needs tuning by someone good. Tuning costs like 150 dollars. With the black box from SRT, it comes pretuned and works well with other mods. The hp diff from the two piggy back is probably 5horses. I will go with the SRT to skip the hassle of tuning an afc.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
E12iC46 said:
Id say it will be pretty hard...save that and go f/i lol. You will beat him then.
Alright say if I were going to save...how much would I be looking to spend minimum when it's all said and done? I mean I've looked a lot in the turbo section but really haven't gotten any definitive answers.

sISp

·
Registered
645 Posts
Alot of people on here will tell you should have 10k in the bank for a f/i project to cover everything. Then be prepared to spend more down the road.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
well for my instance...i have a bomz intake off ebay = 40 bucks, safc1 = 100 bucks

140..plus lets say 150 for tuning...thats 290...so your are basically paying the same..but with the tuning comes dyno's...and with dynos comes numbers...so u get a few dyno runs outta the whole process also. Up to you...but with the used stuff the extra money will be there. with the safc tho, if you decide to run other mods it would help out. could go either way

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Do the header and a 100wet shot. You'll get dad w/that. ;)

Reactions: bartkat

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
yeah but dont tell him ur spraying. lol

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
you are going to need a good amount of money if you want a 100 shot

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yogi_TRD said:
Do the header and a 100wet shot. You'll get dad w/that. ;)
Haha I think the last thing he would approve of is me getting Nos...but actually it seems I might be able to get a PLP s/c after all. :eek: It seems he might support it now...See originally he said he didn't want me to because it'd be "too much power for a kid" but now he's kinda going along with the idea.

sISp

·
Registered
238 Posts
wat sort of dad has a nismo Z??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts