Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn.. got pulled over for going 80 on freeway. it was late.. like 2am, i hadnt been drinking at all though. cop gave me a sobriety test anyways. finnally just gave me a ticket for going 80 since she was 'pacing me'

i got another ticket for tint. received something in the mail for bail 114 dollars =(. i thought these things were violations that could be corrected and written off? no? (btw ticket was written by CHP as well.. damn tehse fuckers)

have any of you guys fought off tickets before? (my last moving violation was 12 months ago.. so i dont know if traffic school is an option?)

fucking insurance is gonna soar ... cant afford that right now

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
danchon said:
damn.. got pulled over for going 80 on freeway. it was late.. like 2am, i hadnt been drinking at all though. cop gave me a sobriety test anyways. finnally just gave me a ticket for going 80 since she was 'pacing me'

i got another ticket for tint. received something in the mail for bail 114 dollars =(. i thought these things were violations that could be corrected and written off? no? (btw ticket was written by CHP as well.. damn tehse fuckers)

have any of you guys fought off tickets before? (my last moving violation was 12 months ago.. so i dont know if traffic school is an option?)

fucking insurance is gonna soar ... cant afford that right now
if you go to traffic school, that moving violation should be removed from your driving record. unless you've been cited for the same offense in the last 18 months. anybody please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

the tint violation should be a fix-it ticket only. unless you missed the original ticket and the due date has expired, hence you received a second notice or a reminder in the mail.

·
Registered
301 Posts
From my experience nothing is removed, but you get some plus points for going to traffic school.

The best way is to talk to ins agent (they have an ability to forgive) or if necessary change ins agency and good luck

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "bail" money for your tint, is if you chose to keep your tint, you can pay that $114 fine. If you chose to remove it and get the ticket signed off it should just be a fix-it-ticket and cost you $10.

for the speeding ticket, you can try traffic school again if they allow you. Don't talk to your insurance agent just yet. If you are allowed to take traffic school, that will wipe your moving violation point off your record. per say.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
n2knee said:
if you go to traffic school, that moving violation should be removed from your driving record. unless you've been cited for the same offense in the last 18 months. anybody please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

the tint violation should be a fix-it ticket only. unless you missed the original ticket and the due date has expired, hence you received a second notice or a reminder in the mail.
I agree with this. But then again last time I got a ticket was at least 2 years ago.

You show up, opt for traffic school, pay the fine, take the class, send or bring in the certificate of completion before the deadline and nothing shows up on your record. You are only supposed to use this option once every 18 months but I've read and heard you may be able to get around that and take it multiple times.

Tint from what I heard used to be one of those things you pay the fee and dont have to do anything, until the next time you get caught, but I've read that it's now one of those things where it no longer falls under fix it, you pay the full fine and you have to remove it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just got a ticket for my windows too. They just want your money now. They don't care about taking the tint off. City needs money. Just pay the $114 and your straight. You don't have to hassle with taking it off an on. I got mine in malibu. As for you eighty on the freeway depends which county you were in. LA is cheaper than Ventura county. Should be like $140 or maybe a little more if your in Ventura county. Which Freeway? You should be good on the traffic school too. Do it online then go to the place and take the test. Easy as hell.....That way your insurance wont' go up. I got this insurance called www.esurance.com All online and you can call them if you need to but you dont' have to. Didn't check my driving record or anything even though they said they did. I have two points now and I pay $142 a month. Weird, but I just keep my mouth shut....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol.. thanks for the replies.
damn i guess the city does just want money. theres no mention of bringing the car to be inspected. so i guess i just pay bail.

as for the speeding ticket i hope the judge will be nice and give traffic school as an option (even though i had a violation within last 18 months). c'mon who the hell DOESNT go 80 on the freeway?
plus it was 2am.. empty as fuck.
btw it was the 101 (near van nuys- lacounty)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I feel for you as well. Guess the state of California really needs money bad. Last week I got cited for not wearing seat belts at 8 in the morning in my quiet neighborhood in the south bay. I don't know if it is a moving violation or not as I'm prepared to go to traffic school to minimize my auto insurance damage.
One would have thought them overweight uniform sads should have more urgent matters to tend to than sitting around & writing seat belt violations in a residential area.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the seatbelt ticket is not a moving violation..
hefty fine though.. (for what it is)
damn cops have nothing better to do

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not much new info to add...as is noted above, you can ask the judge for traffic school. They have the ability to allow you to go back even though you have been there in the last 18 months. Call your insurance agent and see what effect that would have on your coverage. You will likely still face a slight rate increase.

The way my friends and I handle tickets is like this- We go ahead and get at least one extension (if the ticket was awarded in LA County, you can go to www.lasuperiorcourt.org) and request the extension online. Often times, this extension will get you a court date that is out of the officer's normal assigned court time. If this is the case, and they need to be on patrol or vacation that day and cannot break away for court time, then you are in good shape! If you get another date that they are assigned for court or are off duty, they are likely to show up since they do get paid for court time. CHP guys are the hardest to avoid in court, they seem to show up most of the time.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts