Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time reader first time writer.

Anyway, you guys have been very insightful in your discussions thus far, so hopefully you could point out some things to look for when test driving the IS (5sp), I also plan to test drive an Audi A4, and possibly a BMW 325.

What kind of streets would you suggest hitting: highway, curves, bumpy, etc. Just to get the true experience of driving these cars. Any other info would greatly appreciated as well. Thx.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I would watch out for street signs and traffic lights and especially other cars. I like paved roads the best, but divided highways are nice too.

·
11,062 Posts
I was really lucky when I test drove the IS...the sales guy just gave me the keys. The dealership is located on a divided highway, just off the freeway. I went north on the divided highway, hung a left into a rural, farm-type area, took the car on a wicked curvy road, circled around, went a little further north and took the freeway back. Didn't take long, but gave me a good feel of the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
when i used to work for a dealership we used to be taught
1) meet and greet the customer
2) show customer the car
3) TEST DRIVE THE CAR

We were supposed to keep pushing for a test drive, in hopes that people will fall in love with the car. So if you ask to take it for a long drive, most salesmen should be okay with it, but then again, most salesmen are also pricks and won't let you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts