Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my 01 msm e-shift-0 matic i purchased last summer and its been rollin stock for a while...so i just picked up a decent set of HP racing evo hyper black 18x8 wheels wrapped in 224/40/18 .i just have a thing for mesh wheels. now all i need is a good drop and maybe add some spacers.it seems if i were to drop the car the wheels would almost be flush with the fender?im satisfied with the wheels may not have a super crazy off set or big O lip but its perfect to me. right now its sitting at stock height. anyone have suggestions lmk thanks enjoy my pics. im not that much of a camera person.

·
Registered
437 Posts
yea im working on that haha cant make up my mind on coilovers.:confused: haha also trying to find some good deals on here as well.
For a good entry level coilover i have been running D2 which i love. Granted its not a Tein FLEX or a Stance but for the money they are amazing. They are around a Tein Basic level.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a good entry level coilover i have been running D2 which i love. Granted its not a Tein FLEX or a Stance but for the money they are amazing. They are around a Tein Basic level.
ive been lookn at d2's for a while now hows the ride quality on them? i was thinking of lowering springs too. anyone runnin the d2 lowering springs?

·
Registered
437 Posts
ive been lookn at d2's for a while now hows the ride quality on them? i was thinking of lowering springs too. anyone runnin the d2 lowering springs?
I have the coilovers, i love the ride quality, everyday driving set to the softer side rides like stock, stiffen them up and throw it in a corner and it handles like a coilover.... which is great. I recommend them. But keep in mind they are an entry level so dont have all the bells and whistles like some of the higher end ones.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Wheels look good! I'd look into the headlight and fog painting mod. And you get what you pay for with coilovers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wheels look good! I'd look into the headlight and fog painting mod. And you get what you pay for with coilovers.
yea i had to do a bit of de-rice-ing...so i messed up the head lights since the previous owner put some fiberglass eye lids on them wiht some crazy lookin glue that i cant get off! im lookin into the black housing ones but i want to keep this car as clean lookn as possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.