Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, my first post here, been lookin at the site for a few months....but got to bring some bad news...i was in a parking garage last night and i guess with the hectic xmas shopping, someone hit my 04 IS....now i got this to deal with

the little circle is actually like a hole pushed in about a centimeter...anyone got some suggestions on what i should do?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
If that is a stock bumper, you might at well scrap it since it will cost as much to patch as it would for a new one. Time to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^yeah its a stock bumper, how much do replacement stock bumpers run?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I would not recommend VIS. The fitament issues with them are well noted. L-sportline looks great, but also has many fitament issues especially with the rear. I have a C-West and I can vouge for the quality. It is fiberglass, but since it is a rear bumper the chip and resistance to damage are not a big deal.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
300 bucks for new one (retail price)
300-400 to paint it with a good shop where mercedes bmw audi lexus and other cars go 2.

try carson toyota, steve ganz, gordan, paul, or gus will hook you up for a new bumper.

i think 25% off the 300 bucks :D + free shipping.

·
Registered
670 Posts
For about $400, you should be able to get it fixed and painted like new....

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i got backed into........the estimate i got for a new rear bumper+paint is 550

i think they will say that bumper needs to be replaced...cause my damage was less

i'm thinking of getting highest estimate and using the extra insurance money to pay for a kit....but i dunno about getting up my driveway with drop+kit

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
ali1983khan said:

i think they will say that bumper needs to be replaced...cause my damage was less

i'm thinking of getting highest estimate and using the extra insurance money to pay for a kit....but i dunno about getting up my driveway with drop+kit
we have the same dilemma...i just can't lower my car, because my driveway is steep...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
n2knee said:
ali1983khan said:

we have the same dilemma...i just can't lower my car, because my driveway is steep...
i have my car dropped 1.5inches...i know i would scrap with 2inch drop

none of my friends with bodykits have been able to make it up my driveway without scrapping......and i don't want to park on the road.... :pissed:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the help guys...should i go back in through the dealership or just go around local body shops? i live in san francisco...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
JAEohEN said:
thanks for all the help guys...should i go back in through the dealership or just go around local body shops? i live in san francisco...
dealership's bodyshop will probably be really really expensive.....they probably charge more per hour of labor

my qoute was with $40-45/hour

i remember my local dealership charged $100/hour for mechanical work :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts