Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - A rear bumper cover costs about 800-1000 Canadian!

I got rear ended by a woman in a Maxima yesterday... cars fine except for some cosmetics - called the dealer to get an estimate and it should cost around 800-1000 for just the cover assuming nothing underneath is bent or twisted...

only minutes earlier I had to avoid a f**king NEON SPORT, when the bastard decided to cut in front of me just as we were approaching a red light!

IDIOTS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Try Dallas traffic. You wouldn't believe how bad the drivers are here.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yea, but you guys have more order on your freeways. People respect the system. Dallas is not that way.

Originally posted by mrclam:
try cali :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just two weeks ago, a woman in a Ford pickup ran a stop sign and slammed me, in my old Civic, in the passenger side and spun me around real good. It was a miracle I wasn't hurt! Well, the car was totalled, and I gave the money to my mother, who traded me her Camry. 2 weeks later, she's driving a silver IS! Sigh!

P.S. Can the keys be copied? I understand there's a transponder or something like that in the keys... also, can the daytime running lights be turned off?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Keys can only be made by Lexus because they're way sophisticated. Each key has a computer chip built in with rolling-code technology. Also, there's a limit of how many keys you can order from Lexus, I guess to keep the total number keys for one car from floating around.

Daytime running lights cannot be turned off by using a switch or anything that simple, but that's not to say that it's not possible...anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I totally understand how you feel, Brad.

I live there for two years (95-96), the traffic was ok, everybody drive slowly. As I move to California for 3 years I found that the driver here are more aggressive but with skills. about a year ago I drove back to Dallas from California to visit my sister. Man, everything is changed! Drivers are MUCH MORE aggressive WITHOUT the skill to support them. When I drove 45 and try to switch into 75N (around downtown), man, those morons are just changing lanes without watching!

so yes, I totally understand what you are saying! People in Dallas can't drive (most of them)

·
Registered
129 Posts
People in Cali are skilled drivers? Maybe, but not from my daily experiences. In the 50 miles I drive daily, I have to aggressively avoid 1 or 2 cars a day that may have plowed right into me. Traffic is bad everywhere...

·
Registered
571 Posts
don't think it gets better in less populated areas. Where I'm from, the hickville that is Knoxville, TN....drivers SUCK!!! not because they drive too fast or too agressive, but they're all too damn slow and old and senile.

you guys are probably laughing, but , damn, we got hella senile drivers here that drive on the wrong side of the road, don't know difference between green arrows and green lights, drive 40mph in the fast lane, have no clue what is going on around them and have reaction time slower than a stoned teen.
Since this is kinda of a laid back/retirment city...old people are everywhere!

I get cutoff at least 3 times a day by old people and uneducated rednecks, and I can't afford to waste time by following these geeks so I am forced to swerve in and out of traffic to get to my destination at a reasonable time!! Arghhhh!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bad drivers are everywhere. It doesn't matter where you are. Getting a driver's license is way too easy. You can only hope and pray that one doesn't run into you too often in a lifetime.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
You could probably turn off the DRL's by yanking a relay someplace. The pages on the new Celica have a tech article on it someplace. Probably a somewhat similar procedure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts