Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Now that is one expensive bill. You couldv'e bought a turbo with that money. Good thing is that the insurance paid it for you.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- if my car EVER got hit real bad I would be ASKING to TOTAL it... (even though you cant say shlt)

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
do u guys think my repairs will end up as much as that?and u guys think i can have them use some aftermarket parts to replace the stock ones?

·
8,880 Posts
lexluger180 said:
do u guys think my repairs will end up as much as that?and u guys think i can have them use some aftermarket parts to replace the stock ones?
You, probably, can.
If your car is paid off, you can just take the check from insurance and do whatever.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
hahah

you kno what this means now? if the job isnt done right, your car isn't realli worth anything after the repair.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: hahah

Eminence said:
you kno what this means now? if the job isnt done right, your car isn't realli worth anything after the repair.
what do you base that on? My step-father has been a bodyman for more than 20+ yrs. He completely went over the shops work. They did a great job.

·
Registered
305 Posts
dut said:
- if my car EVER got hit real bad I would be ASKING to TOTAL it... (even though you cant say shlt)
You bet your ass that you have some say in it. If you think the value of the car will be affected by the severity of the damage, and it costs enough to get close to their cut off for totalling a vehicle, you can definitely talk them into totalling the car. My wife's VW beetle was repaired half ass and when we took it to another body shop, they were going to have them refix it, but we bitched enough and said we'd rather have it totalled and they ended up totalling the car out.
You pay the rates, make sure you get what you want. Don't let them dictate everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts