Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to the following people for helping me with a few PMs and the documentation with pics.
hex75
Clark20
SanDiegoLexus
lex_is_300
oneeyejack
I tapped into the radio wires to power circuit board, I used female connectors and soldered the wires to the radio wires. I tapped into the cigarette lighter wires to get the power for the monitor. I have the 2 video input wires for the monitor running into the glove box. What you see is a test with my DVD player from my den. Looks good. And I discovered how to angle the remote down that little window on the side, so Im all good. :D :) :-? 8) :lol: :p :wink:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
Did you get the actual navi system? Stock screen? So you just have the inputs in the glovebox for when you need them? Are you gonna put a ps2 or dvd in there for good?

Lots of questions :oops:

Good job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DegoIS said:
Did you get the actual navi system? Stock screen? So you just have the inputs in the glovebox for when you need them? Are you gonna put a ps2 or dvd in there for good?

Lots of questions :oops:

Good job!
Nope, I just got the nav housing and bought a 7 inch monitor, and Im looking at a DVD player with TV tuner from Circuit City for 199 that would be perfect to complete my project.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oneeyejack said:
congrats man....looking good!!!!!

be safe and don't drive with that on.
No way its just for when Im parked, or stuck in traffic when a Laker game is on :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scientific said:
Looks damn good!

Did you do the aux input mod shown in these instructions?

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13343124&start=0
Nope, I read it, and thought of doing it, but that post and some others still helped me out. I found one post of the wiring diagrams for almost everything, this one helped tremendously.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13354929
And I found a website with some guy's radio pulled out showing the back and the center console without the radio and stuff, that helped alot too. Shows the benefit of having a car forum like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
thedon: how much were the parts with and withOUT the screen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dut said:
thedon: how much were the parts with and withOUT the screen?
Nav housing is 640 bucks, no tax, no shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
thedon, where did you get the Nav housing? Did you get it with the motor and everything? I got quoted $1204 for it with taxes. I gave them the part numbers oneeyejack put on his tutorial.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chaskid said:
thedon, where did you get the Nav housing? Did you get it with the motor and everything? I got quoted $1204 for it with taxes. I gave them the part numbers oneeyejack put on his tutorial.
sent chu a pm
Well its been mentioned in another post about the one dealer out in the south that has all those pieces for 640. The dealers here in LA were telling me that same crap, 1000+ bucks. The lowest wa 900 something. I wanted to call them all back and call them son's a bitches. Especially that one asshole at keys lexus that tried to cut me off before I even explained to him "if you try to put nav in your car its gonna cost more than the car". I was like "im not trying to put nav in the car. My car forum has instructions for putting together the nav housing".

Anyway, final cost
640 for nav housing pieces.
279 for Farenheit Monitor
150 for DVD/VCD/MP3/TvTuner
1069. Not bad considering I keep my stock radio and it pops out the top of the dash at the push of a button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Looking good! Hey theDon did you ever get the buttons on the navi housing working? Does it glow up for you??? Haven't figured this out yet. :( The dealership for the inexpensive nav housing is Nalley Lexus of Roswell in Georgia. Ask for George he is really nice :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
thedon said:
Chaskid said:
thedon, where did you get the Nav housing? Did you get it with the motor and everything? I got quoted $1204 for it with taxes. I gave them the part numbers oneeyejack put on his tutorial.
sent chu a pm
Well its been mentioned in another post about the one dealer out in the south that has all those pieces for 640. The dealers here in LA were telling me that same crap, 1000+ bucks. The lowest wa 900 something. I wanted to call them all back and call them son's a bitches. Especially that one asshole at keys lexus that tried to cut me off before I even explained to him "if you try to put nav in your car its gonna cost more than the car". I was like "im not trying to put nav in the car. My car forum has instructions for putting together the nav housing".

Anyway, final cost
640 for nav housing pieces.
279 for Farenheit Monitor
150 for DVD/VCD/MP3/TvTuner
1069. Not bad considering I keep my stock radio and it pops out the top of the dash at the push of a button.
Looks great - maybe I'll get one for my ltuned? :wink:

Excuse my audio stupidity for a second here...
You mentioned that you bought the DVD/VCD/MP3/Tv Tuner for $150. So..that means you have an MP3 player now??!
I was going to go w/ an IPOD, but I might just do this!

thanks.
-Bryan

p.s. You've got a PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Sorry for bringing up the old thread.

I know nothing about audio system. So, please excuse me for the stupid question.

Did you replace your stock speakers, amp etc to aftermarket ones?

I heard it is necessary because the stock audio system cannot handle "aftermarket sound"?

Anyways, it is a nice setup. I like it a lot. This is what I am planning to do on my IS.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,880 Posts
wowcrazy said:
Sorry for bringing up the old thread.

I know nothing about audio system. So, please excuse me for the stupid question.

Did you replace your stock speakers, amp etc to aftermarket ones?

I heard it is necessary because the stock audio system cannot handle "aftermarket sound"?

Anyways, it is a nice setup. I like it a lot. This is what I am planning to do on my IS.
Many people use tape adapters to feed sound into the stock system.
Here is a recent thread on the topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,924 Posts
are those prices still available on the mentioned items? i really want to get this setup in my car...does anyone know anywhere in the SF bay area where i could get this done or get what i need to make this work?? im a tech newbie...dont know too much about my mobiletronics....so any help is appreciated....thanks
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top