Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks good so far! =) took 6 days(two days to mail in the order, 4 days to get teh shipment[veterans day delayed it over the weekend]) i'm waiting for the wax to "cure" but i'll write up how i like it in another few minutes!

------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
Maybe because its piston travels at the same speed at redline as Formula One at 18000 rpm (according to Road and Track magazine). At 72 ft/sec, any engine could sound like a turbojet (which is how turbo suppose to sound like).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37,399 Posts
Shoulda gone with ZAINO if you wanted a "real" shine. Oh well, maybe next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37,399 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
no FF is great, i've heard that zaino takes forever and i odn't doub tit. heck FF took me a while!
Happy to hear you had good results. Here's what's odd. I don't know which company had their product first, Z or FF, but both are nearly exactly alike in application, removal, and process. It takes me about 30 mins to put Z on the whole car and about 5 to remove. Heck they probably even smell the same! Just curious as to who was on the market first and who copied the other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Originally posted by MikeLS:
Happy to hear you had good results. Here's what's odd. I don't know which company had their product first, Z or FF, but both are nearly exactly alike in application, removal, and process. It takes me about 30 mins to put Z on the whole car and about 5 to remove. Heck they probably even smell the same! Just curious as to who was on the market first and who copied the other.
FF lasts 6-9 months. I hear Z lasts 2 months. Z must've screwed up in some part of copying FF, or FF added some magical chemical to Z's ingredients
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37,399 Posts
Originally posted by Nate:
FF lasts 6-9 months. I hear Z lasts 2 months. Z must've screwed up in some part of copying FF, or FF added some magical chemical to Z's ingredients
.

Interesting...just for the record (and probably in defense of Z
), I started using Z early this year, and it hasn't deteriorated at all. Looks and protects as good now as it did months ago.
Some people can't seem to get the Z process straight, so maybe they're the ones with the problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
netiehr. i'm keeping it pretty bone stock. i do have about 300 i can spend in mods but i'm nto sure what i want to do. i really can't get very far but i know i can get that 300 to maybe 400 or so
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,152 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
netiehr. i'm keeping it pretty bone stock. i do have about 300 i can spend in mods but i'm nto sure what i want to do. i really can't get very far but i know i can get that 300 to maybe 400 or so
$300?!?! Save it for gas...that sh!t is expensive these days!
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
So how did your Finish First look? Come on!!! I'm still waitin for results.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,761 Posts
Got my finishfirst today, washed my car with dawn (never gonna do that again, the way it dried up and left waterspots lets you know it could f up your paint if you use dawn a lot) i have a lot of swirl marks on my SBM and i only let the FF cure for 90 minutes, not overnight, then i applied another coat and left it for a little longer, i still see swirl marks (its dark, i can't say much until i get a chance to let it cure overnight and see the results in sunlight) but the swirls seem less severe than they did before. the paint feels really smooth and silky and it shines pretty good, so im satisfied with my purchase so far, i'll let you know how the swirls work out after i get a chance to let it cure overnight and find a dust free environment to apply it in. i used a wax applicator to apply the first coat and then a cotton diaper to apply the second coat and a very soft cotton cloth to buff the haze off. washed it next to my garage and applied first coat there, then moved into the garage since the side was only covering up 93% of the car and left part of the trunk in direct sunlight, my garage is too dusty so that might have affected the results.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top