Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work on the expressway last Friday and all of a sudden the car makes this very loud growling scrapping noise. I'm thinking what the hell is that. The speed, body height handling all seem normal. I begin to slow down and the noise pitch changes with speed. I pull over and the tires are all OK so I look under the car figuring I ran over something I didn't see and its dragging. Well not quite its the bottom aero panel on the IS. I thoough the problem was on the under engine panel. This panel was under passenger side. I went to work and punched out a round piece of 1/4" thick nylon gasket material about 3 1/2 inches in diameter with a 1/4" hole punched off center. This allowed me to use original fastener and resecure the panel for the ride home. The next afternoon I recieve a recall notice from Lexus to have the panel replaced. They describe the failure (noise) and what to expect. Well it took them about an hour and a quarter to replace it with a new heavier panel. Be ready in case it happens to you, I was going about 80 mph when it happened.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
mjdart
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing