Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my exhaust put on today, thanks showstoppers for the great deal, and I figured I would share a few more pics of my car since its been a really long time since ive posted any (my introduction thread). Exhaust sounds exactly the way I wanted/expected it to; deeper then stock exhaust, quiet at cruising speeds, but when you give the car some throttle it lets you know its there. Thanks for looking, comments/criticism/rep appreciated :)

From a stop..
YouTube - IS300 Tanabe Hyper Clip #1

On the move..
YouTube - IS300 Tanabe Hyper Clip #2

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
looks good bro

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Nice and clean bro.

·
Registered
594 Posts
very nice choice of exhaust

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
very nice.....

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
is that a CBR i see???

i love that exhaust. i miss it a lot

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looks great, but sounds kinda loud.. or is that the FIPK??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! Now you just need to lower that ride!
thanks! yeah, read my mind, my next mod is probably going to be a set of coilovers..

is that a CBR i see???

i love that exhaust. i miss it a lot
Yup, it is a CBR600RR.

Looks great, but sounds kinda loud.. or is that the FIPK??
Probably a mixture of both, but while riding inside the car at WOT the intake definitely drowns out the sound of the exhaust.. sounds loud because both vids show the car under hard acceleration..

But yeah, thanks for all the compliments so far guys, loving the new sound of the intake/exhaust combo, can't get enough

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just got the same exhaust and I love the way it sounds but not as happy with the way it looks...When I bought it I was expecting the 100mm tip but it was a 115mm. I was told that you don't have a choice but everywhere I saw it either said 100mm tip or the choice between the two so I bought it from the place that only said 100mm only to find out that it's a misprint or mine was a fluke.

The other problem that I ran into was that It only came with one gasket (for the mid pipe and cat.) so I used the donut gasket off my old set up for the mid and rear section and it made the tip stick out right at 2"...So I bought a thinner one like the one supplied and the tip now only sticks out an inch...a lot better but still not near flush like I was hoping...

And finally, when the exhaust is hot, it sticks out .5" more then when it's cold...I thought it might be the lead donut gasket but after some further thinking into it, I think it's the fact that the stainless steel is SUS304 instead of T304...Dunno, Just a thought...Do you have this same issue?

·
Registered
209 Posts
BTW, you have any picture of the exhaust further back? So we can see the full picture of the rear end with the exhaust?

·
Registered
148 Posts
BTW, you have any picture of the exhaust further back? So we can see the full picture of the rear end with the exhaust?
Here's a pic of mine :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got the same exhaust and I love the way it sounds but not as happy with the way it looks...When I bought it I was expecting the 100mm tip but it was a 115mm. I was told that you don't have a choice but everywhere I saw it either said 100mm tip or the choice between the two so I bought it from the place that only said 100mm only to find out that it's a misprint or mine was a fluke.

The other problem that I ran into was that It only came with one gasket (for the mid pipe and cat.) so I used the donut gasket off my old set up for the mid and rear section and it made the tip stick out right at 2"...So I bought a thinner one like the one supplied and the tip now only sticks out an inch...a lot better but still not near flush like I was hoping...

And finally, when the exhaust is hot, it sticks out .5" more then when it's cold...I thought it might be the lead donut gasket but after some further thinking into it, I think it's the fact that the stainless steel is SUS304 instead of T304...Dunno, Just a thought...Do you have this same issue?
I haven't noticed it sticking out farther with different temps, but I also haven't had it that long. I had the same exact problem with the gasket(s) though. I expected the tip to be smaller and didn't know it stuck out as far as it did, but the look is growing on me and I really like the way it sounds. I am really happy with the exhaust thus far.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts