1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DTC Po154 : no activity o2 bank 2 sensor 1

any help?

i have team lexus setup.

added the o2 simulator and used 2 of the o2 sensors on the setup.

the other 2 arent needed since the o2 simulator is doing its job.

i am guessing the o2 simulator tricks the downstream?

and the 2 o2 sensors i am using that are connected to the headers are the upstreams?

i am completely lost on how i have a CEL.

:(

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
why do you have 2 o2 sims? you only need to trick one of the sensors, i believe its bank 2 sensor 2. its the 2nd sensor on the bank which is on the header. i think bank1 sensor 2 is behind the cat on the ypipe... it doesnt do anything.

the only sensor which will throw a code is b2s2. lemme know what your setup is, you're using the toyomoto o2sim correct?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am using the o2 sim from o2simulator.com?

its a universal o2 sim dual output.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
running from header to exhaust is a team lexus setup.

its a 2 piece header.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
you still need all 4 o2 sensors in there i believe. there's a heatcoil in the o2 sensors that if not working will also throw a code.

do you have CEL with TRAC blinking? or just CEL? bank2 sensor 1 is coupled with bank2 sensor 2. the way it works is that 1 is before the cat and 2 is after. the computer reads both and makes sure that there is a difference. if there isnt a difference you'll throw an "inefficient catalytic converter" code with blinking trac. considering the code you have the problem is a non existant signal.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
you shouldn't have touched the sensor's closest to the engine, b1s1 and b2s1 i believe.

The O2 sims are only for B1S2 & B2S2 as they are the ones monitoring your cats.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
i think people are starting to get mixed up with which banks are certain sensors.
B1S1, B1S2 are on the same runner. B2S1 is on the header which is supposed to monitor the rear 3 cylinders (#4,5,6) and B2S2 on the ypipe. B2S2 is BEFORE the Ypipe cat. So its reading the air after Bank 1 and Bank 2 Cats.

Though this is true, i get a Bank 2 sensor 1 code. wierd. i dont get a "inefficiency catalytic converter below threshold P0420" code. I get P1055 on Bank 2 sensor 1.

for me Bank 1 sensor 2 has been fixed with another type of NON-permanent cel fix. i'll update you guys when i figure out my issue.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
hirun, are only 2 sensors plugged in?

Are you sure you have the right 02 sensors still in the exhaust piping?

Usually the 02 sensor codes aren't thrown by themself.
Usually you'll get a heater circuit problem as well as a signal problem together.

In this situation, you're not getting a heater circuit problem. That means it's connected to the ecu...but perhaps it's not in the exhaust stream?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I think he wired the O2 sims to the S1 sensors. Is that what you did Hirun?

If thats the case, then the "no activity" error makes sense, since the signal wire is cut for the o2 sim.

The O2 sims are for the S2 sensors - the ones downstream.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Theoretically speaking... if im not mistaken... The dual 02 valve body is causing combustion in the outer exhaust manifold carburetor, causing a CEL! x) im soo wasted lol

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
hirun if u want get the other two o2 bungs welded on like danielm....i was too lazy and only welded one extra for you....and i didnt really care about my cel.... im still driving around with it on bc i havent put one o2 sensor back in...i just check the codes once in awhile to make sure its nothing serious

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
You can actually run the car with only 1 02 sensor in the exhaust stream. (provided you have an 02 sim)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The O2 sim where hooked up right, I did them exactly like i had it on my car and the right O2s where plugged in..... I told Eric to try switching the plugs and if that doesn't work then it might be that the system needs all 4 sensors to be pluged in....

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
danielm said:
The O2 sim where hooked up right, I did them exactly like i had it on my car and the right O2s where plugged in..... I told Eric to try switching the plugs and if that doesn't work then it might be that the system needs all 4 sensors to be pluged in....
you don't. 2 of my 02 sensors will hit you in the face when you open my hood.

·
Registered
206 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
i think people are starting to get mixed up with which banks are certain sensors.
B1S1, B1S2 are on the same runner. B2S1 is on the header which is supposed to monitor the rear 3 cylinders (#4,5,6) and B2S2 on the ypipe. B2S2 is BEFORE the Ypipe cat. So its reading the air after Bank 1 and Bank 2 Cats.

Though this is true, i get a Bank 2 sensor 1 code. wierd. i dont get a "inefficiency catalytic converter below threshold P0420" code. I get P1055 on Bank 2 sensor 1.

for me Bank 1 sensor 2 has been fixed with another type of NON-permanent cel fix. i'll update you guys when i figure out my issue.
I have a code for P0136 for B1S2 sensor mailfunctioning what can i do.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
ilyabarankevich said:
I have a code for P0136 for B1S2 sensor mailfunctioning what can i do.
You can get an 02 sim if it's the sensor that's the problem.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts