Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like sh!t. I didn't know that handling will be so, shall I say numbed out. It feels like my mom's camry and my dad's accord. I got 16x7 ALT 190 Seven's with 205/55/16 Michelin Pilot XGT H4's. I got all-year tires instead of snow since it hasn't snowed much around here and I plan to avoid the snow in general.

"Hello, *cough* *cough* boss, I'll be calling out sick today *cough* *cough*.

I'll be posting pics on carpoint as soon as I get pics and scan em'.

One wierd thing though. If I turn all the way to the right and go reverse, onlythe driver side front tire slightly rubs against the inner front wall. It doesn't happen when I turn all the way left and go reverse and neither direction when going forward. I've never tried this before w/ the standard 17" but I discovered this today when I tested the 16" out. So if anyone in Hazlet, NJ saw an is300 in a parking lot driving in circles, that was me. The inner front wall of the driver front does seem to extrude an iota more than the passenger front. I'm gonna have Ray Catena check it out when I get my 5k service in a few weeks. I'm hope it can be remedied quickly and easily.

-crontab -l

One more thing. Any tips when I get my 5k service?

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by crontab:
like sh!t. I didn't know that handling will be so, shall I say numbed out. It feels like my mom's camry and my dad's accord. I got 16x7 ALT 190 Seven's with 205/55/16 Michelin Pilot XGT H4's. I got all-year tires instead of snow since it hasn't snowed much around here and I plan to avoid the snow in general.

"Hello, *cough* *cough* boss, I'll be calling out sick today *cough* *cough*.

I'll be posting pics on carpoint as soon as I get pics and scan em'.

One wierd thing though. If I turn all the way to the right and go reverse, onlythe driver side front tire slightly rubs against the inner front wall. It doesn't happen when I turn all the way left and go reverse and neither direction when going forward. I've never tried this before w/ the standard 17" but I discovered this today when I tested the 16" out. So if anyone in Hazlet, NJ saw an is300 in a parking lot driving in circles, that was me. The inner front wall of the driver front does seem to extrude an iota more than the passenger front. I'm gonna have Ray Catena check it out when I get my 5k service in a few weeks. I'm hope it can be remedied quickly and easily.

-crontab -l

One more thing. Any tips when I get my 5k service?
How was the road noise though????? Much better or so so??????

·
Registered
814 Posts
I live in MA and i am not planning on changing my 17"s. In NJ, you probably only get a few days a year that would make driving difficult. It would have been cheaper to take a cab to work for the few days it will snow.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dude,

There is noticably less road noise with these tires, plus the ride is softer. I think if they were snow tires they might have been more noisy than the 17". One thing is I do feel it cruise easier, seems like there is less friction.

ISisBEST, true I could've stuck w/ the 17" but I didn't want salt on my rims, plus I plan to ger rid of the bridgestones once springtime comes around. Also I don't know of any taxi service by me... =/

-crontab -l

------------------

·
Registered
253 Posts
the rubbing on my blizzak mz-01 winter tires have a very similar effect but mine is caused by the mudguards I put on my IS. They stick out just enough to rub during cetain turns going at a certain speed(usually very slow). But they do ride like sh*t but I was fully expecting that since their sole pupouse is to get through decent accumulations of snow and ice, not to perform like the stock goodyears.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by crontab:
dude,

There is noticably less road noise with these tires, plus the ride is softer. I think if they were snow tires they might have been more noisy than the 17". One thing is I do feel it cruise easier, seems like there is less friction.

ISisBEST, true I could've stuck w/ the 17" but I didn't want salt on my rims, plus I plan to ger rid of the bridgestones once springtime comes around. Also I don't know of any taxi service by me... =/

-crontab -l
Thanks for the info......Maybe all season 16s for winter (like yours) wouldn't be bad after all.......

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude, where do you live? Does it snow frequently there?

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts