Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
roro said:
With the 250 pulley, it put down 314 at the wheels. I've since upgraded to a 225 pulley so it will run more boost. The supercharger is working just fine, it is finding a proper size belt to go on it that is proving to be the hard part.

I have a hook up at a local tire/rim place and he pulled out one of the 315s and I was in awe at the width. Unfortunately, he's trying to sell me some Asanti rims to go with it and I don't know if i'm ready to drop $5700 on the whole package. I'm thinking more for road racing, those 315s would be bad ass as long as the rim that goes with them was not too heavy. Then again, a set of Nitto R1s would probably be faster on the track with less width. Who knows..........
314 at the wheels is SICK!

Regarding the 315s, I'd suspect they'd be especially heavy no?

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is what i got so far.
1. Element 114 rear spoiler
2. 20" GFG Versailles 6
3. Injen Intake
4. 2 JL Audio 10s with a JL 500/1
5. Red out tail lighs by Rvinyl.
6. HKS exhaust this weekend

[/IMG]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Michael said:
314 at the wheels is SICK!

Regarding the 315s, I'd suspect they'd be especially heavy no?
Honestly, I would consider 314 to be very disappointing for such an expensive upgrade. I don't know what type dyno Roro did his testing on, but I put down 276 with very minor mods on a DynoJet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those #'s are alright to me considering I knew it was running very little boost. It was an upgrade of about 30 hp at the wheels. I've since upgraded to a smaller supercharger pulley, so it will run even more boost now. I have to get it into a shop first thought to get the correct size belt on there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
roro said:
Those #'s are alright to me considering I knew it was running very little boost. It was an upgrade of about 30 hp at the wheels. I've since upgraded to a smaller supercharger pulley, so it will run even more boost now. I have to get it into a shop first thought to get the correct size belt on there.
Do you have any dyno plots that you can post? The curve is always more interesting than the peak anyway. BTW, I wasn't trying to knock your efforts at all. I've always appreciated your trail blazing. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I agree with Gernby also about the supercharger. Im not tryin to knock ur efforts either Roro, i envy your s/c, but for $5000+ i would expect a lil more than +40hp ya know? Once you get it aggressivly tuned and have the other pulley installed, it should produce some better numbers.

Oh yea, i almost forgot, since we are talking about mods, i ordered a set of Axis Shines today:
19x8.5 front
19x9.5 rear.

I pick them up tomorrow. I dont have tires for them yet, im still saving for those, but i just thought i'd announce that i got a new setta wheels ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
MarWar80 said:
Tony,
I'm diggin the spoiler, Where did you get it? And how much?

I got it directly from Element114.com. It was $410 painted and shipped. They have them now for $365 painted and shippped or 305 just primed. Just go to their contact information and call the 1877-890-6391. They will place your order through the phone.

·
Registered
83 Posts
cspec's car :)

I posted this on CL, but since this is a more dedicated site for IS, I think it'd be nice to post here too! I'm pretty new to this forum, because it seems like it's a more dedicated 1IS forum, but I think that will begin to change slowly as more and more people buy the 2IS. :)

Here's my car.

:)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
is that the carlsson front lip?

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Wow, looking good :approve:
The car looks very clean.

What size are your rims? Offset? Love the lip on the rears!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
how much is ur car dropped right now..? im just wondering because... im dropped 2 inches and it seems that if i get after market wheels it has to be a lower offset like +38 because im tucked right now... and if i went with +45 or so i would need spacers...

61 - 80 of 202 Posts