Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Nice... how much is the drop?

I assume you had a non-sportpackage 350.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The drop is about 1.25" on the front and a little bit more than 1" on the rear. The car is an 07 IS350 with premium package. From what I understand, the drop on the sport package is not as much as this.

·
Registered
504 Posts
looks good man + rep for ANOTHER white IS350 droppped ... they look so clean dropped on stocks

·
Registered
24 Posts
350lex said:
Check out my new wheels...

TSW Laguna s

F - 18 x 8 -- 225/40 Conitrac All Seasons
R - 18 x 9 -- 255/40 Conitrac All Seasons

I really wanted 19s, but could not find decent all season or winter tires to fit the 19s. I had to go with 18s.
No offense, but not a big fan of those wheels, the design makes the rims look a lot smaller than actual size, 'cause the end of the spokes are curled in. I love huge lips but don't want to sacrafice the cleanness for deep lips either.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
tris300 said:
I got LMS custom springs installed yesterday on the IS350. I was looking for a slightly lower and more even drop than the Eibach's provide. Steering and handling feel a lot better than stock. No rubbing, scraping or bottoming out. It feels close to stock without being harsh. This is definitely a good alternative for those who are looking for a drop but don't want or can't afford coilovers.
VERY nice +rep for the pics! :) FYI, I moved your thread to the modifications thread already started.

·
Registered
15 Posts
blk_IS300 said:
No offense, but not a big fan of those wheels, the design makes the rims look a lot smaller than actual size, 'cause the end of the spokes are curled in. I love huge lips but don't want to sacrafice the cleanness for deep lips either.

These are just winter wheels & tires. 19" BBS/Spoke type wheels for summer.

I got the rims for $170 ($680) on Dicounttire.com and the tires ffrom tirerack.com for $600.

So I paid about $1200 total. I ran up a curb after turning off my VDIM and satisfying my need for speed. I had to replace a rear wheel. I could have either paid about $500 for a single stock wheel. I figured, why not take it further and get a new set of wheels with tires for winter.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Here are some pix of my car again after i got the megan exhaust and after i put the stocks back on:

Just got it detailed for the last time before I sell it.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Thetrinityhk said:
Here are some pix of my car again after i got the megan exhaust and after i put the stocks back on:

Just got it detailed for the last time before I sell it.
Car looks amazing! +rep for the pics! :) What kind of polish did you/they use? Why are you selling? :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here are a few pics of my car. sorry for the quality, still learning how to use my camera.
Volk SF-Winning Gold w/polished lip
19x8.5F 19.9.5R
Toyo T1R Tires
Tanabe DF210 Springs
Greddy SP-2 Exhaust

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
ONEdirty23 said:
Here are a few pics of my car. sorry for the quality, still learning how to use my camera.
Great looking car! Definitely mess with the white balance on your camera, your car looks yellow! :) BTW, you're not selling your stock rims are ya? I'm continually looking for a deal on a 2nd set of rims for winter. Have some rep for the pics! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn, it took me a long time to finally register and oh yeah, I have a couple mods done to mine:

The road course set up:

And lastly, a couple shots from last night with the IS' new friend, which I just bought a couple weeks ago:

·
Registered
7 Posts
The IS is more fun to drive right now; however, I need to take it into the shop to get the supercharger running correctly and get all of the tuning done. I plan on adding some more mods as well while it's in, so it might be few weeks before it gets back.

The 335 is fun to drive the way it is; however, it definitely needs some lowering springs and a lot more meat under the wheels. You won't believe this, but a set of 315's will fit on the rear on some 19s, but I can't remember the offset. I'm thinking of picking up a set of these for the roadcourse. I am still shopping around for the right parts for it.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
roro said:
The IS is more fun to drive right now; however, I need to take it into the shop to get the supercharger running correctly and get all of the tuning done. I plan on adding some more mods as well while it's in, so it might be few weeks before it gets back.
How much hpower is the supercharger giving you on the 350, (when it's working?)

BTW, crazy about 315s on the BMW!?

·
Registered
7 Posts
With the 250 pulley, it put down 314 at the wheels. I've since upgraded to a 225 pulley so it will run more boost. The supercharger is working just fine, it is finding a proper size belt to go on it that is proving to be the hard part.

I have a hook up at a local tire/rim place and he pulled out one of the 315s and I was in awe at the width. Unfortunately, he's trying to sell me some Asanti rims to go with it and I don't know if i'm ready to drop $5700 on the whole package. I'm thinking more for road racing, those 315s would be bad ass as long as the rim that goes with them was not too heavy. Then again, a set of Nitto R1s would probably be faster on the track with less width. Who knows..........

41 - 60 of 202 Posts