Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
StockIS350 said:
Didn't your check engine light come on, and you car go into limp mode. The cats your talking about are the ones by the stock headers right??
I think he is confusing the cats with the premuffler / resonator

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i might be, im not sure, but the CEL is not on. I just took off the main piping which consisted of 2 resonator looking canisters which eventually molded into a bigger resonator looking canister. I assumed the first 2 canisters were the cats.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The cats are definitely before the last O2 sensor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
looks good man keep up the modding

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm, personally I think stock looks better. If you plan to put anyone in the back seat, I would think you'd rub the tires AND the rims.

·
Registered
94 Posts
pr4mncplus said:
Hmm, personally I think stock looks better. If you plan to put anyone in the back seat, I would think you'd rub the tires AND the rims.

Well you think wrong pr4mncplus....I have 20's on my car with the right offset and right tire sizes...as it seems like trinity has (right offset, right tires)...a trunk full of stereo gear AND four people in the car...can't get the tires NOR wheels to rub..... looks good trinity

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
scforce said:
Well you think wrong pr4mncplus....I have 20's on my car with the right offset and right tire sizes...as it seems like trinity has (right offset, right tires)...a trunk full of stereo gear AND four people in the car...can't get the tires NOR wheels to rub..... looks good trinity
thanx bud! yea im really happy! Like you said, i got a trunk full-o-stereo equiptment and 4 people in the car and no rubbing! Lovin it!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
pr4mncplus said:
So it doesn't rub. It would ride like a rock - even with four people. I guess there are tradeoffs.
fyi bubba, it doesnt ride like a rock at all. I have no rubbing and i have the coilovers set to medium so its a perfect setting IMO. No tradeoffs here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is possible.. look at my wheel fitment.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looking really nice. I still need more work on mine so i haven't posted any pictures yet. Working on the Tein drop kit for mine so it can actually look like i'm driving a car not a 4X4. I wish i could get a coilover kit but wanna save my money for the Borla Exhaust if it ever comes out. Keep up the good work. Laters

·
Registered
15 Posts
Simply Wheels

Check out my new wheels...

TSW Laguna s

F - 18 x 8 -- 225/40 Conitrac All Seasons
R - 18 x 9 -- 255/40 Conitrac All Seasons

I really wanted 19s, but could not find decent all season or winter tires to fit the 19s. I had to go with 18s.

Next mod is Coilovers, get the wheels nice and close. After winter though... I am in the northeast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
06' IS350

- 350lex

Attachments

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
350lex said:
Check out my new wheels...

TSW Laguna s

F - 18 x 8 -- 225/40 Conitrac All Seasons
R - 18 x 9 -- 255/40 Conitrac All Seasons

I really wanted 19s, but could not find decent all season or winter tires to fit the 19s. I had to go with 18s.

Next mod is Coilovers, get the wheels nice and close. After winter though... I am in the northeast.
Those tires look great for winter. Where did you get that setup from? How much did it run ya, if ya don't mind my asking. Also, you're not selling your stock rims by any chance are ya?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Installed LMS custom springs

I got LMS custom springs installed yesterday on the IS350. I was looking for a slightly lower and more even drop than the Eibach's provide. Steering and handling feel a lot better than stock. No rubbing, scraping or bottoming out. It feels close to stock without being harsh. This is definitely a good alternative for those who are looking for a drop but don't want or can't afford coilovers.

Here are some pics the day after install. Same pics as I posted on CL.

21 - 40 of 202 Posts