Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First impression on these tires. There great. Obviously wont be seeing rainy days... They are quiet and ride smooth on the road. Excellent traction. I am very happy with them.
Mickey Thompson ET Street
245-40-18

·
Registered
960 Posts
Why stick with 18s? I'm trying to find some RX7 wheels to throw some street ETs on..I'd rather put ETs on smaller tires(cheaper and lighter).

Looks very clean tho!

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why stick with 18s? I'm trying to find some RX7 wheels to throw some street ETs on..I'd rather put ETs on smaller tires(cheaper and lighter).

Looks very clean tho!
Because I am to the point where i only drive my car on nice days and want to always have decent traction. I dont wanna have to go and change wheels all the time.

As far as the general tires. They really did grip suprisingly well in the rain, but when you have enough power they spin very easily on dry road being there a pretty hard tire 380 tread wear.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did I pull from 0-70 finally with these tires, I didnt wanna go more because it was in a 45. Well it came up so damn quick... tires did not spin at all and the car pulled like never before. This is one of the best things I have done for my car. Super impressive tires.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I did I pull from 0-70 finally with these tires, I didnt wanna go more because it was in a 45. Well it came up so damn quick... tires did not spin at all and the car pulled like never before. This is one of the best things I have done for my car. Super impressive tires.
Did you launch it or just ease on it?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
should of went wider! :)

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didnt launch it, just floored from a dead stop going up a decent size hill. Now outside temps were about 42 degrees. Tires were cold and the road was cold. Ide imagine on a 60 degree day they should stick on a launch with no burnout.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts